About the Team:
The Engineering Village Dataloading team is a small and very cooperative team that loads and maintains millions of records for providing engineering contents for customers across the world. The team includes experts with decades of years of experience who are supportive for automation and coping up with latest technologies. We are an Agile engineering team using concepts such as Scrum, self-organizing teams, and Continuous Improvement.
What will you be doing?
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools, scripting, and AWS
- Develop software solutions by following software development lifecycle, studying data processing flow, and analyzing data structures
- Communicate complex technical concepts to product owners and teams with various backgrounds
- Update job knowledge by studying new development tools, programming techniques, and participating in educational opportunities
- Review and debug code, perform validation, and verification testing
- Assist team leader to document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, diagrams, charts, and code comments
- Work with development partners (web application team, architecture, and QE) to improve EV products
- Ensure software is up-to-date with latest technologies
- 5+ years of software engineering development
- Expertise in development languages including: Java/J2EE, and Python
- Expertise in Oracle, and shell scripting
- Demonstrate experience with Linux operating systems
- Design and work with complex data models, and complete complex assignments with little supervision
- Implement development processes, coding best practices and conducting code reviews to ensure quality, reliability, and performance in our content processing pipeline
- Demonstrate experience with development and deploying applications using AWS
- Good communication skills both written and oral
- Ability to collaborate with technical personnel or different technical teams within the organization to finalize requirements
- Ability to collaborate with external technology partners
- Detailed experience of Agile software development methodologies using tools such as GIT/Github, Jira, and Confluence
- Ability to run unit test with an understanding of how to make testing part of the development process
- Knowledge in developing solutions with Elasticsearch or similar indexing platforms
- Write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of complex system components
- Knowledge in building distributed data ingestion pipelines (i.e. Kafka), batch data processing
- Familiar with building RESTful micro services Spring, Spring Boot or similar
- Keep abreast of new technology developments
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.