Position OverviewThe Research Engineer is part of a high performing technology team that is focused on designing and developing next generation learning solutions that are cross platform compatible. Day to day activities will include designing, developing, testing, and supporting the changes made to all enterprise class web applications used by K-12 schools nationwide to facilitate and enhance the student learning process.
Job Description65% - Analyze, design, maintain and test React.js applications.
20% - Participate in design and code reviews of teammate changes.
- Evaluate requirements, work closely with clients to develop a solid software design, and then develop the technical specifications documenting the required change/enhancement.
- From the documentation, develop code and unit test all code prior to turning over to QA.
- Work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of intangible variance factors.
- Use working knowledge of related disciplines to provide solutions to a range of problems, and ensure solutions and/or changes are implemented.
10% - Participate in development of grant proposals and/or responses to Requests for Proposals.
- Provide feedback on their approach in a timely fashion.
- Makes recommendations on technical problems and methods.
- Provide technical leadership/mentoring to junior developers as they work to complete their assignments.
5% - Report project status as requested.
- May participate in demonstrations as required in the solicitation.
- Escalate issues to leadership for awareness/resolution.
Position RequirementsPosition will be hybrid with a combination of remote and on-site work. Required Qualifications
Bachelor's Degree with 1 year of related experience OR Master's degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or other related field.
- 1+ year experience using React Hooks
- 2+ years experience with React.js state managers such as Redux, Flux
Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.Experience using GitFamiliarity with RESTful APIsFamiliarity with Node.js and frameworks such as Express, RestifyFamiliarity with SQLs, Functions, Stored Procedures for Relational database systems such as PostgreSQL, or MySQL, or Oracle or other database systems.
Additional Candidate InstructionsA complete application includes:
- Online application
- Cover letter
- Names and contact information for three professional references.
Only complete applications will be considered.Review of applications will begin on 008/23/2021 and will continue until a successful candidate applicant is identified. To ensure first consideration, apply by 08/22/2021
Contact Information to ApplicantsSusan Martin - firstname.lastname@example.org
Advertised Salary Range80,000-98,000 Work ScheduleM-F 8-5 Application Review Begins23-Aug-2021 Anticipated Start Date13-Sep-2021
This job has expired.