Exciting technical thought leadership opportunity focusing on emerging needs of cell and gene therapies within the biopharmaceutical sector. Experience personal and professional growth as you work with our team of talented scientists to set the standard in CGT/ATMP contract laboratory testing. Eurofins needs you to bring industry knowledge, fresh perspective and cutting-edge technologies to our Lancaster, PA location. Partner with Eurofins as we pioneer into the world of viral vector testing while helping our team build this offering. Knowledge and expertise in cell culture and viral infectivity, as well as ELISA, quantitative PCR, ddPCR and other virology, cell biology, molecular biology or biochemistry techniques are desired.
- Must possess a broad knowledge about testing of biopharmaceutical products, with preference given to those with experience in viral vectors and/or cell and gene therapy products
- Provide technical guidance in cell and gene therapy related issues during client and/or regulatory agency audits
- Participate in the development of new methods/protocols, investigations and troubleshooting of methods, evaluation of emerging technologies, training and mentoring of junior staff.
- Review incoming Biopharmaceutical (including biologics specifically for cell/ gene therapy) product safety sheets and provide guidance on testing concerns
- Keep abreast of new and/or changes to regulations that impact the facility
- Strong scientific, computer, documentation, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Perform independent research and present information at industry conferences
- Become a member of industry work groups or committees.
- Drive innovation in existing departments
- Champion implementation of new techniques, technologies and instrumentation - justify new technology by creating a business plan
- Develop technical training programs to strengthen staff skills
- Participate in any other programs as requested by management/leadership team
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Ph. D in Virology, Microbiology, Infectious Diseases, Epidemiology, Immunology or related field with 5 - 10 years of experience in addition to post-doctoral experience
- Or Masters with 10 - 15 years of experience
- Candidate will possess knowledge of manufacturing and testing methods, and protocols in the viral vector sector for drug substances/drug products, cell banks, and other applicable materials.
- Experience working with virus and/or cell culture specific to cell or gene therapy (ATMP) products.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Lancaster, PA are encouraged to apply.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays