Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generatedtotal revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
- Represents Bioinformatics as the subject matter expert in cross-functional drug discovery projects involving internal and external scientists;
- While working closely with an extended team of scientists will identify and fulfill needs where computational approaches generating large scale datasets will contribute to the design, execution and interpretation of in silico, in-vitro and in-vivo biological experiments;
- Contributes to the investigation, implementation, adoption and utilization of state-of-the art computational methods and tools (custom, open-source or commercial) to help drive drug discovery activities;
- Writes structured, tested, readable and maintainable code, as well as participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge for existing and new tools that allow to extract, analyze, visualize and produce valued added insights of data for our customers;
- Independently pursue research projects, implement novel computational workflows and support a dynamicmulti-disciplinary team focused on moving projects from the hitidentification stage to thediscoveryof candidates;
- Actively involved in digital transformation projects and data governance objectives working closely with IT and scientific teams;
- Ensure proper documentation of workflows, reports, tools, and analyses of the Research Informatics' team;
- Provide transparency and regular communication on project status, potential roadblocks for execution, and new strategies with Technology Sciences leadership;
- Ensures project activities aligns with Eurofins policies, procedures and methodologies;
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision;
- Regular attendance and punctuality;
- Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner;
- Performs other duties as assigned;
- Owns the accountability and responsibility of delivering to client needs and timeliness;
- Provides cross-functional support to other departments as required;
- Adjusts work hours as needed to meet client deadlines;
- Adheres to site environmental health and safety (EHS) requirements
- Biotech/Pharmaceutical relevant experience or formal training in computational biology, bioinformatics, computer science or life sciences.
- At least 5 years of experience in bio-computational programming, scripting, querying or statistical analysis languages such as R, python, perl, scala and SQL for high performance computing.
- Extensive knowledge and experiences using bioinformatics libraries preferably in a drug discovery environment.
- In depth knowledge of relevant public and proprietary databases, methods and tools.
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels of the organization, with capability to influence decisions and lead others to achieve results;
- Experience with projects and teams that span multiple time-zones and different cultures;
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical, and presentation communication skills, namely of design rational, key experimental results, issues and accomplishments; adept at communicating a clear vision effectively aligning resources and motivating teams to achieve goals;
- Proven ability to successfully influence cross-functionally and to be sought after as a technical expert within bioinformatics applied to the drug discovery domain;
- Responsive problem solver and proactive to take actions;
- Details oriented, analytical and investigation skills;
- Ability to multitask with organization, manage own priorities and deliverables, both independently in a team setting;
- Strong customer focus and ability to manage (internal or external) client expectations;
- Ability to work in a complex international environment;
- Demonstrates a positive attitude, capacity for team environment, and exhibits a genuine interest in drug discovery in support of advancing human health.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a research program environment and generate hypotheses from computational analysis of data that are strategically aligned with organizational goals and resources;
- A mentor and coach who brings strategic experience building diverse team from scratch to enable long term success for bioinformatics applied to Drug Discovery.
- Successful completion of the company's safety program is required.
- Travels to other Eurofins facilities is required. Percentage of working time of approximately 5-10%.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
This job has expired.