Research Park Talent Manager - EnterpriseWorks/UI Research Park
The University of Illinois Research Park provides an on-campus community where corporate innovation centers, startups, and university research centers can co-locate. The highly skilled tech workforce, student employees, and research preeminence generate innovation and new technologies. The Research Park includes 120+ companies, 18 buildings, and 2,200 employees. EnterpriseWorks, is the Research Park's 43,000-square-foot business incubator for early-stage tech firms, which is operated by the University of Illinois Urbana Champaign (UIUC) to help launch successful startup companies. Startup companies that have incubated at EnterpriseWorks have raised $1.2 billion in venture capital investments and been awarded 25% of all the SBIR/STTR federal small business research grants in the state of Illinois annually. EnterpriseWorks manages entrepreneurship support programs, business assistance, and training to aid startups and technology commercialization. EnterpriseWorks also leads federally funded small business technical assistance programs for small businesses and university incubators in Illinois.
The Research Park Talent Manager will lead workforce development and recruitment programs for the Research
Park and client companies. The role oversees the coordinated recruitment activities of the Research Park for student and fulltime
talent, including online promotion of positions, interfacing with job seekers, and plans programming for recruitment
events, and guiding talent strategy for the Research Park.
Duties & Responsibilities
Research Park Recruitment Events
- Coordinate with the Director of External Engagement and other Research Park staff to develop workforce resources and programming based on the needs and input of employers in the Research Park.
- Attends recruitment events to represent Research Park.
- Leads the implementation of Workforce Related Events including open houses, tech talks, on-campus activities, professional development workshops, annual RP career fair.
Research Park Workforce Development Consulting
- Manages relationship with the Research Park Recruiter-in-Residence and HR Expert-in-Residence as experts to leverage with companies and job seekers
- Manage job postings for companies within the Research Park through the development of job/project descriptions, management of web-based job boards, maintain job
- Identify applicable resumes for companies of job seekers interested in Research Park
- Identify and cultivate potential candidates for positions
- Consults on Recruiting Best Practices for Companies
- Consult with companies in planning recruiting efforts
- Connects companies with campus recruitment opportunities bulletin board, and dissemination of resumes to companies.
- Advise corporations on staffing and recruitment for new and existing operations in the Research to create full-time and student internship recruitment needs
Develop Campus Relationships
- Works closely with career services offices across campus
- Partners with university departments and units who promote career activities
- Develops connections and relationships with relevant student groups
- Provides tours/presentations for variety of campus constituencies
- Meets with University of Illinois students to help them access employment in the Research Park, provide connections to employers, and plan pathways to internships in the Research Park
- Guides professionals seeking full-time jobs in the Research Park to navigate career opportunities that align with the jobs openings and company needs
- Assists with trailing partners for University departments seeking positions in the Research Park
- Identifies skill gaps and training needs that might contribute to future workforce development programs
Research Park Workforce Training Programs
Additional Physical Demands
- Develop activities and recruit talent to teach and support the training programs and participants
- Manage and implement the application and selection process for technology training programs.
- Coordinate with various stakeholders to organize or facilitate workshops, career coaching schedules, and mentoring schedules.
- Attend training sessions and other events to provide support to instructors and participants.
- Coordinate tech training badge/certificate requirements, qualifications and distribution to cohort participants.
- Ensure proper and timely communication with all participants.
- Coordinate with appropriate staff to promote and communicate program opportunities, information, events, and reminders.
- As needed, help identify, recruit and facilitate contracts with additional partners. Assist with contract renewals.
- Track key program metrics to be included in reporting mechanisms for internal and external audiences (i.e., services provided, outcomes achieved, clients served,
demographic data, etc.).
- Assist in reporting project progress to federal agencies as required by the terms of the grant award.
Work is mostly performed in general office setting. Some travel to meetings on and off campus may be required. May require evening event management. Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor's degree. Two years of experience in human resources and/or professional recruitment. Preferred Qualifications
Master's degree. Experience in technology and entrepreneurship. Prior work experience in event planning including conference management, promotions, and success
building new event programs. Leadership experience.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Familiarity with the University of Illinois career services structure and practices. Knowledge of University of Illinois organizational structure. Knowledge of technical recruitment practices in the private sector. Ability to work in fast-paced environments. Computer proficiency in Windows environment appropriate to position; proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook and other related software. Familiarity or proficiency with virtual meeting platforms such as Zoom, Skype for Business, or Microsoft Teams. Excellent documentation, project management, and writing skills.
- Resourcefulness, creativity, detail-orientation, and ability to work independently. Excellent interpersonal skills that reflect courtesy, diplomacy and a collaborative approach to develop and maintain effective relationships. Excellent organizational skills and multi-tasking capabilities to meet stringent deadlines and produce accurate, detail-oriented work. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, student interns, clients, and guests. Demonstrates initiative and leadership. Ability to make presentations to a variety of audiences. Ability to work on a deadline, juggle multiple projects, and think creatively. Knowledge of technical recruitment practices in the private sector.
- Understanding of technology and research skill needs for employers in recruiting innovation, engineering and technical roles for their companies. Understanding of computer programming or data related fields and scientific job types. Seeks to apply technology and innovation to improve efficiency and solve problems.
This is a 100% full-time Civil Service 5002 - Program Coordinator position, appointed on a 12-month basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after closing date Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience, while also considering internal equity.
For more information on Civil Service classifications, please visit the SUCSS web site at https://www.sucss.illinois.gov/pages/classspec/default.aspx . Application Procedures & Deadline Information
Applications must be received by 6:00 pm (CST) on January 10, 2024. Apply for this position using the Apply Now button at the top or bottom of this posting. In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for this position. Applications not submitted through https://jobs.illinois.edu will not be considered. Qualified candidates must upload: 1) a cover letter which details qualifications noted above; 2) resume; and 3) the names and contact information for three professional references. All requested information must be submitted for your application to be considered. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. If required by the position, transcripts or other documentation of credentials are to be provided no later than the first day of employment. For further information about this specific position, please contact Erica Hanson at email@example.com. For questions regarding the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois System is an equal opportunity employer, including but not limited to disability and/or veteran status, and complies with all applicable state and federal employment mandates. Please visit Required Employment Notices and Posters to view our non-discrimination statement and find additional information about required background checks, sexual harassment/misconduct disclosures, COVID-19 vaccination requirement, and employment eligibility review through E-Verify .
Applicants with disabilities are encouraged to apply and may request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (2008) to complete the application and/or interview process. Requests may be submitted through the reasonable accommodations portal , or by contacting the Accessibility & Accommodations Division of the Office for Access and Equity at 217-333-0885, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org . Requisition ID
: 1021543 Job Category
: Administrative Apply at:
This job has expired.