This is a part-time position working from 11:00pm-7:00am (Friday & Saturday) each week.
The Residential Services Worker is responsible for monitoring the activities of Shelter participants and for ensuring compliance with program rules and conditions. He/she is also responsible for ensuring the safety of participants and the security and sanitation of the program both at the Center and at faith sites. The Residential Services Worker also coordinates and provides transportation as needed. The Residential Services Worker provides direct support to participants as needed.
The successful candidate with a B.A. Degree in Human Services or related field with 1 year community based social services experience or other related experience with vulnerable populations is preferred. A High School Diploma/GED and at least 2 years community based social services experience or other related experience with vulnerable populations is acceptable.
Requirements include the ability to interact and communicate effectively with others. The Residential Services Worker must be able to prepare written reports; monitor and direct program activities; be a liaison between faith site volunteers, community volunteers, other VOAC staff and program management, and ensure the safety and security of program operations.
The ability to communicate orally and in writing effectively is required.
This is an awake position at all times.
- This position may require driving program vehicles including a 15 passenger van, as well as your personal vehicle for company business. Must be privileged to drive according to the criteria set forth by Agency MVR guidelines.
- Valid driver's license in jurisdiction of residence
- Vehicle liability coverage if driving personal vehicle (on occasion, may be required to transport clients in personal vehicle)
- May be required to drive a 15 passenger van
- Acceptable Criminal background check, OIG Exclusion check
- Negative Drug Screening
- CPR/First Aid Certification must be acquired and maintained once employed
- Monitor operations of the program and reporting to Director.
- Maintain a comprehensive written record of events in the program log that occur during shift.
- Maintain participant sign in/out sheets, attendance log as well as all other logbooks and records.
- Provide intake, assessment and referral as needed to single homeless individuals applying for overnight housing.
- Review each set of individual intake forms for completion of individual's data and information having individual sign and complete staff witness signature and date.
- Set up an attendance form for each person at intake.
- Control contraband in facility through general observation, room and package/purse searches if deemed necessary.
- Ensure facility and faith site cleanliness and monitor participant cleaning assignments when directed.
- Monitor participant behavior to ensure compliance with VOAC's policies.
- Supervise groups, presentations and life skill programs. Work with presenter to meet material and space needs and ensure attendance is taken at each activity.
- Conduct routine inspections of the facility, faith sites and grounds.
- Work with contracted bus company drivers to ensure vehicle capacity and safety.
- Conduct periodic fire drills and perform other safety duties as directed to ensure safety of participants.
- Provide support to participants as needed.
- Monitor operation of facility and faith site equipment and report malfunctioning to the Director or at faith sites the lead faith volunteer(s).
- Monitor security of facility, vehicles and faith site spaces.
- Attend staff meeting and training as directed.
- Perform duties as outlined in Program Operational Manual.
The physical requirements described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
EFFECT ON END RESULTS:
- The ability to safely operate a motor vehicle to transport oneself, consumers, and program supplies as necessary.
- The physical ability to travel to assigned locations, stand, stoop, bend, reach, pull, push, lift, grasp, climb, talk, see, hear and perform basic and light home maintenance activities, and operate office equipment.-
- Move and lift light objects up to 30 pounds such as mail, supplies, files, and equipment.
- Operating office equipment requiring continuous or repetitive hand/arm movements.
- The ability to remain in a sitting position for extended periods of time.
- Ensures a safe, secure and efficient facility and program 24 hours a day.
- Ensures safety of clients, faith volunteers and staff in fire and other emergencies.
- Ensures clients' compliance with VOAC policies and rules.
- Encourages the clients' successful completion of the program.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This job has expired.