This job has expired.
Provides direct patient care in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
• Plans, implements, and evaluates patient care based on patient assessment to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources. Monitors, documents, and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
• Collaborates as needed across disciplines to coordinate patient care, including disposition, referral and spiritual/psychosocial support needs.
• Evaluates learning needs of patient and/or family and provides patient/family education appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstances.
• Effectively delegates patient care to ancillary personnel. May precept student nurses and new hires.
Competencies and skills:
• STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
• CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
• ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
• RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
• PATIENT SAFETY - NURSING: Complies with and ensures patient safety practices in the clinical setting.
• DEVELOPMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION OF PLAN OF CARE: Develops and implements a nursing care plan based on the patient's individual needs, an interdisciplinary approach, and evidence-based practices.
• PROBLEM SOLVING - PATIENT CARE: Ability to identify, analyze and effectively solve problems.
• ORGANIZATION SKILLS (4): Organizes work to achieve maximum efficiency.
• PATIENT AND FAMILY CENTERED CARE: "Provides Patient and Family Centered Care to patients, families, visitors and internal customers"
• KNOWLEDGE OF DISEASE PROCESS: Applies knowledge of practices and interventions for specific populations with specific conditions.
• Accredited Program
• BLS Certification
• Registered Nurse License
• BLS American Heart E-Card
Education equivalent experience:
• Registered/Professional Nursing Program
Complexity of Work: Department specific credentials- ONCC Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Provider Certificate Required for those RN's administering chemotherapy.- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required for ICU, ED, PACU, Endo, Tele, OB, MHN Pre-Op and Specialty Procedural areas.- PALS required for Pediatric areas with the exception of NICU. Certification in Fetal Monitoring through National Credential Center or through AWOHNN (Intermediate or Advanced) for L&D RN's.- Newly licensed RN's have 6 months to obtain ACLS and/or PALS, and Fetal Monitoring if L&D.Note: For added clarification, see Mandatory Education Requirements Grid.
Required Work Experience: One (1) year of work experience.
• Bending and Stooping 80.00%
• Climbing 40.00%
• Keyboard Entry 80.00%
• Kneeling 60.00%
• Lifting/Carrying Patients 35 Pounds or Greater 80.00%
• Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
• Lifting or Carrying 25.01 lbs - 75 lbs Non-Patient 40.00%
• Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
• Pushing or Pulling 26 - 75 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
• Pushing or Pulling > 75 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
• Reaching 80.00%
• Repetitive Movement Foot/Leg 40.00%
• Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm 80.00%
• Running 40.00%
• Sitting 60.00%
• Squatting 80.00%
• Standing 80.00%
• Walking 80.00%
• Audible Speech 80.00%
• Hearing Acuity 80.00%
• Smelling Acuity 40.00%
• Depth Perception 80.00%
• Distinguish Color 80.00%
• Seeing - Far 80.00%
• Seeing - Near 80.00%
• Bio hazardous Waste 80.00%
• Biological Hazards - Respiratory 80.00%
• Biological Hazards - Skin or Ingestion 80.00%
• Blood and/or Bodily Fluids 80.00%
• Communicable Diseases and/or Pathogens 80.00%
• Cytotoxic Chemicals 60.00%
• Dust 60.00%
• Gas/Vapors/Fumes 80.00%
• Hazardous Chemicals 80.00%
• Hazardous Medication 80.00%
• Computer Monitor 80.00%
• Domestic Animals 40.00%
• Fire Risk 40.00%
• Heating Devices 40.00%
• Magnetic Fields 40.00%
• Moving Mechanical Parts 40.00%
• Needles/Sharp Objects 80.00%
• Potential Electric Shock 40.00%
• Potential for Physical Assault 40.00%
• Wet or Slippery Surfaces 60.00%
Memorial Regional Hospital South is the home of Memorial Rehabilitation Institute and provides a wide range of healthcare services to the South Florida region. With 280 beds and 505 employees, Memorial Regional Hospital South offers compassionate care and services such as:
• Memorial Rehabilitation Institute, featuring an 89-bed inpatient program, a comprehensive outpatient program, and more, to get patients "Back to Their MAX"
• Emergency Department
• Hospice Unit
• Laboratory Services
• Molecular Laboratory
• Podiatry Residency Program
• Surgical Services
• Women's Imaging Center
• Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Physician Offices
• Rehabilitation Psychology Department
A leader in rehabilitation, Memorial Regional Hospital South has also been recognized by The Leapfrog Group, which has consistently awarded the facility with an "A" Rating for Patient Safety, and by Press Ganey's Guardian of Excellence Award for emergency room and outpatient Patient Satisfaction.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.
White Plains, New York
Posted about 1 hour ago
Cary, North Carolina
Posted about 1 hour ago
Posted about 1 hour ago