Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2019 sales of $28 billion (₠25 billion). We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and services, please visit .
We are currently seeking a Reliability Mechanical Specialist who will be based at our Memphis, TN location. This position will report to the Southeast Reliability Center Manager and will work with regional and plant personnel to achieve reliability goals.
The objective of the Mechanical Reliability Specialist is to ensure the safe and reliable operation of our production facilities. The Mechanical Reliability Specialist will be responsible for the identifying and completing planned and unplanned maintenance work on rotating and mechanical equipment at multiple facilities within the NE region to support Air Separation, CO2 and Hydrogen production facilities. This person will work independently, make technical decisions, and escalate technical concerns in the field.
- Plan and perform major equipment installation, maintenance, overhauls and inspections - including corrective, preventative or predictive work - of industrial mechanical and rotating systems and equipment including
- Centrifugal, Reciprocating and Screw Compressors
- Centrifugal and positive displacement Pumps
- Synchronous and Induction Motors
- High-speed Gearboxes
- Heat Exchangers, Cryogenic Interchangers, Chillers and Cooling Towers
- Piping systems and other related process equipment.
- Provide on-site or remote technical support and direction to sites in the region.
- Assist in turnaround planning and cost estimation of mechanical work.
- Assist in Identifying and resolving chronic mechanical asset concerns (bad actors).
- Support root cause analysis program for major failures.
- Support high impact issues with a strong sense of urgency and integrity.
This position requires a combination of office work and field work. This position typically requires approximately 30% travel domestically. Accessibility during off-hours is required. Employee will be required to work in different weather conditions and must be able to access elevated electrical and mechanical equipment via ladders, scaffolding, man-lifts and crane baskets.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the maintenance of mechanical and rotating systems and equipment in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Experience in installation, troubleshooting, inspection and repairs of industrial mechanical and rotating systems and equipment such as Compressors, Turbines, Blowers and Heat Exchangers.
- Knowledge of Preventive and Predictive maintenance of industrial mechanical and rotating systems and equipment.
- Ability to use precision measuring devices and perform precision alignment on multi-train equipment.
- Excellent communication and team interaction skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as lead/participate on teams.
- Experience as a self-starter who manages multiple tasks, achieves results with minimal supervision and possesses excellent documentation and record-keeping skills.
- Experience in computers and standard software packages (MS Office, E-Mail etc.).
- Experience using a computerized maintenance management system.
- Associate's Degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Understanding of regulatory and industrial standards and codes.
- Completion of a 4-year machinist/ millwright apprenticeship program.
- Hands-on experience in vibration analysis and dynamic balancing.
- Experience in EAM CMMS system.
- Familiarity with standard maintenance strategies such as planning, PM programs, PdM programs and spare parts inventory management.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
This job has expired.