Elsevier, Clinical Solutions
Sales Compensation Analyst
Purpose of the position:
The Sales Compensation Analyst, as part of the Elsevier Clinical Solutions Sales Operations team, is responsible for improving the effectiveness of the Elsevier sales team by developing, calculating and delivering Sales compensation results to the Sales organization. The analyst will be responsible for maintaining compensation documents, running monthly reports on sales data actuals, preparing compensation calculators and payout information to Sales, as well as yearly plan refreshers and new hire support.
The ideal candidate is a data-driven problem solver with top-notch execution skills who will work cross-functionally with the Sales, Finance, HR and Operations teams. The output from the analyst will be on-time and accurate payout statements for the Sales organization and timely processing of compensation change requests. The analyst highlights risks and opportunities within the compensation team, working closely with the Manager, Compensation Design & Administration and Senior Sales Data Analysts to provide overall business support to the business' sales & operations teams. Additionally, the analyst will contribute in supporting territory management, quota design, and partnering with the Sales Business Intelligence & Reporting team to provide Sales reporting initiatives.
Division Organizational Overview:
The Clinical Solutions Division of Elsevier uses its industry-leading intellectual property and content to create Clinical and Drug Reference, Patient Engagement, Performance Management, Workflow and Decision Support products for healthcare professionals across a range of practice settings and commercial organizations. These products and tools aid in disease management, medication error reductions, workflow improvements, effective patient management and economic analysis and cost control.
Role Responsibilities include:
Drive Business Results by -
Enabling Sales Team Performance by -
- Developing an in-depth compensation knowledge, best practices and principals to meet/overachieve business expectations
- Creating and delivering reporting to the sales organization based on Sales actuals during the plan year
- Playing a key role in the monthly processing of Sales reports, compensation calculators and payout statements
- Development and use of analytics and trend analysis to predict yearly accrual performance and plan design flaws
- Delivering and monitoring new hire reports to ensure compensation documents are delivered on time
- Highlighting sales representative performance to plan, stacked rankings, outliers and exceptions within the compensation plan design
Systems & Tools -
- Coaching sales managers and sales reps in compensation plan mechanics and a full understanding of compensation payouts
- Working with sales reps to drive understandings on how to maximize their plan performance
- Gaining in-depth understandings of compensation design under the guidance of the Manager, Compensation Design & Administration to progress development of systematic tools and processes to aid in the compensation process
- Liaising with support teams (HR, Finance, Operations) to understand requirements and improve underlying processes
- Providing consultative analytical support to teams seeking to deploy Sales Compensation plans for their sales personnel.
- Key role in delivery of sales actuals, compensation calculators and payout statements
- Enable sales with easy to use calculators and best-practices to maximize payouts
- Aid in development of visualization tools to prepare executive ready presentations for sales leaders
- Research & target relevant new compensation and territory management technologies
Work in a way that works for you
- Minimum of 2 years of experience within a sales analysis, finance or similar role required, ideally in a large sales organization or similar work experience
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Possess and display effective written and verbal communication, strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and analytical/situational thinking
- Basic knowledge of compensation, sales and/or financial process, ideally with SaaS related products
- Experience with compensations reporting tools is preferred (Xactly, Callidus, etc.)
- CRM system experience required, preferably with Salesforce and/or Siebel
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word & PowerPoint) required
- Positive attitude, accountable team player and motivation to grow professionally
We promote a healthy work/life balance across the organization. With an average length of service of 9 years, we are confident that we offer an appealing working prospect for our people. With numerous wellbeing initiatives, shared parental leave, tuition assistance and training resources, we will help you meet your immediate responsibilities and your long-term goals.
Working with us
- Working remotely from home or any other work location
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you work in the day
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to help you succeed. Here, you will find an inclusive, agile, collaborative, innovative and fun environment, where everyone has a part to play. Regardless of the team you join, we promote a diverse environment with co-workers who are passionate about what they do, and how they do it.Working for you
At Elsevier, we know that your wellbeing and happiness are key to a long and successful career. These are some of the benefits we are delighted to offer:
- Comprehensive, multi-carrier health plan benefits
- Disability insurance
- Dependent Care and Commuter Spending Accounts
- Life and Accident Insurance
- Retirement Benefits (Salary Investment Plan/Employer Stock Purchase Plan)
- Modern Family Benefits, including adoption and surrogacy
A global leader in information and analytics, we help researchers and healthcare professionals advance science and improve health outcomes for the benefit of society. Building on our publishing heritage, we combine quality information and vast data sets with analytics to support visionary science and research, health education and interactive learning, as well as exceptional healthcare and clinical practice. At Elsevier, your work contributes to the world's grand challenges and a more sustainable future. We harness innovative technologies to support science and healthcare to partner for a better world.Join Us
Are you ready to help us progress science and health? Our technology leads to innovation, so join a forward-thinking digital business that is tackling world-scale challenges and align your ambitions with our passion for driving global knowledge-sharing.
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.