Responsible for generating a predetermined new business sales volume through a network of licensed agents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
- Accountable for making a high volume of sales calls to targeted life and health agents
- Actively utilize the internal CRM sales tracking system to validate and record sales calls, quotes, and recruited agents
- Prospect and generate Small Group new business proposals for your agent network
- Evaluate agent performance and continually recruit agents to fill the sales pipeline
- Prospect for potential agents from referrals, references or industry listings
- Provide guidance to agents in developing selling strategies to obtain new and retain existing business
- Manager agent relationships regarding perceived problems with claims processing, underwriting, rate increases, and company decisions impacting an agent's clients
- Provide timely communication to agents on product offerings, network changes, rate changes and plan designs
- Work with District Manager to resolve unusually difficult issues such as specific rate increases which require research of competitive rates or clarification of client requirements to identify optimal recommendations
- Incumbent will be required to obtain a Life/A&H license in state of residence and any other state that the incumbent conducts business, which should be completed within 60 days of receiving approval from the resident state; however, we recognize that in some states the licensing process may take longer
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- 2+ years of sales related experience
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to adapt to new situations and learn quickly
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- High degree of initiative, mature judgment, and self-motivation
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization
- Strong time management skills
- Must be able and willing to travel
- Ability to keep confidential information secured
- Experience working with insurance producers
- Experience selling over the phone with a high volume of calls
- Variety of computer software knowledge related to job
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
This job has expired.