Who We Are
Eide Bailly is one of the top 25 CPA and business advisory firms in the nation. We have over 40 offices in 15 states across the Midwest and western United States, and offer our staff and Partners the opportunity to serve a variety of industries. Founded in 1917, our culture is the foundation of who we are, and we pride ourselves on supporting our employees to help them achieve their goals and pursue their interests both in the office and at home. At Eide Bailly we are passionate about the clients we serve, the work we do, and most importantly, having fun while we do it!
Why You'll Love Working Here
At Eide Bailly we believe respect is how to treat everyone, not just those you want to impress. Our culture focuses on collaboration to achieve career growth. We promote happy employees by making work/life balance a priority along with being actively involved in our communities. Our dedication to service can be seen through the Firm's decision to match charitable donations made by employees, as well as providing opportunities to volunteer throughout the year. Most importantly, we like to have fun! We offer a professional and fun work environment with frequent lunch and learns, socials, contests, outings and other events.
Typical Day in the Life
Candidates will be exposed to a variety of multi-state sales/use tax issues ranging from tax planning, restructuring, due diligence, audit defense, audit management, taxability research, writing and correspondence. The candidate will be responsible for leading sales/use tax engagements and teams including day-to-day consulting, development of ideas, strategies and opportunities, and implementation of these ideas. The candidate will also assist with management and communication of Sales & Use Tax Thought Leadership and developments to the internal firm and external clients. This position is open to hybrid in any of our Eide Bailly locations or remote.
A typical day as a State and Local Sales Use Tax Manager might include in the following:
Who You Are
- Research of state sales/use tax issues including nexus determinations, taxability analyses and quantification of potential liabilities.
- Address state and local sales/use tax issues for individuals, corporations, partnerships and LLCs.
- Prepare State Sales/Use Tax memos on a variety of topics including but not limited to: nexus and taxability for sales/use taxes, sales/use tax processes, and business strategies.
- Sales tax controversies, restructuring, due diligence, notice responses and audit defense including audit protests.
- Sales tax return review and guidance, voluntary disclosure projects, credits and incentives, and recovery studies.
- Client communications, project scoping, budgeting, staffing and billing.
- Attend professional development and training seminars on a regular basis.
- Monitor and present thought leadership on multi-state sales and use tax developments
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting (required).
- You have a valid CPA license, CMI Certification in Sales/Use Tax, or are an actively licensed attorney (required).
- You have 5 or more years of experience with multi-state sales & use taxation (required).
- You possess experience as a team leader: supervising teams to create an atmosphere of trust; seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation; and coaching staff, including providing timely and meaningful written and verbal feedback.
- Experience in Property Tax or Unclaimed Property, while not required, would be advantageous
- You enjoy keeping up-to-date on the ever-changing sales and use tax regulations and policies.
- You possess comprehensive technical skills as it relates to sales and use taxation and tax research.
- You have experience with due diligence, voluntary disclosure negotiations, audit defense, credits and incentives, and MS Excel modeling.
- You are highly skilled at identifying and addressing client needs; building, maintaining and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement; communicating value propositions; managing resource requirements; managing project workflow, budgets, billing and collections; and preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials.
Must be authorized to work in the United States permanently without the requirement of sponsorship at any point in the future. What to Expect Next
We'll be in touch! If you look like the right fit for our position, one of our recruiters will be reaching out to schedule a phone interview with you to learn more about your career interests and goals. In the meantime, we encourage you to check us out on Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , LinkedIn or our About Us page.
Eide Bailly LLP is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.