This job has expired.
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 55,000 staff across a network of more than 1000 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2020, Eurofins generatedtotal revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Logs and tracks the receipt and shipment of all samples into and out of the laboratory and verifies receipt of samples. Assists in preparing bottle kits for delivery to clients and ensures accurate and timely documentation of sample log in, labeling, and routing. Determines the priority level and appropriate testing procedures of samples according to Chain of Custody as well as labels and stores samples in accordance with documented procedures. Additionally, the Sample Control Technician I may be responsible for pick-up and delivery of samples as well as additional customer service, driving, or courier duties as necessary to support laboratory and client needs. Sample Control Technicians will also be responsible for proper disposal of samples and waste in accordance with all applicable procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Receives and unloads incoming samples or consignments in accordance with DOT regulations and verifies receipt against Chain of Custody (COC), matches it to the corresponding quote and notes discrepancies daily. Verifies that COC's are accurate, complete, and correct and seeks resolution for those that are not.
2. Logs samples into Lab Management System daily to assign a lot number for tracking purposes and distributes paperwork to Project Managers.
3. Labels samples so they may be identified by the lot number assigned and delivers samples to appropriate labs for analysis daily.
4. Prepares bottle kits daily to be shipped to clients to collect samples and return for analysis in accordance with established procedures including EPA and DOT requirements.
5. Forwards samples to other laboratories in accordance with DOT regulations as needed to run tests that are not performed at that location.
Page 2- Sample Control Tech I
6. Disposes of spent samples, waste and other potentially hazardous materials in accordance with established procedures.
7. Monitors freezer and cooler temperatures daily to confirm that the readings are within SOP guidelines.
8. Cleans and organizes the department daily to promote a clean, safe work environment and smoother flow of daily operations.
9. Maintains and promotes safety and conducts all operations in a safe and environmentally compliant manner.
10. Stocks and supplies inventory daily and assists with inventory of supplies to maintain proper quantity of materials to perform tasks appropriately.
11. Performs splits and composites as needed upon request.
12. May perform courier duties as necessitated to support lab and client needs.
13. Will be compliant with all driver procedures, certification, and Company driver policies.
14. Must be willing to be on-call during non-business hours in order to perform non-routine sampling and delivery.
1. Assists in maintenance of walk-in coolers to facilitate locating samples.
2. Ships empty coolers back to clients and other TestAmerica Laboratories. Logs all outgoing coolers in order to maintain a detailed inventory of all coolers.
3. Maintains all company vehicles for sample pickups and deliveries as needed.
4. Conducts all client interaction in an appropriate and professional manner.
5. Other job duties as determined by local management.
High school diploma or equivalent
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!