Job Description Summary
Individual must know and understand the functions of the cleaning chemicals and tools used for sanitation purposes. Must have the ability to communicate effectively with supervisory staff regarding plant sanitation and safety procedures. Must be able to perform procedures for cleaning and sanitizing the plant and equipment to assure that the plant meets company, state and federal regulations and standards
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for working in a safe and orderly manner while in the plant or on company property
- Must have the ability to work 12 hour shift with varied starting times as mandated per sanitation schedule frequently
- Must have the ability to climb stairs and ladders, push/pull and reach above shoulder height frequently
- Have the physical ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Must be able to read and understand container labeling, written procedures, MSDS and equipment instructions
- Must have the ability to wear a wet suit and all the required personal protective equipment provided and required for safe job performance
- Correctly use crank up ladders, electric man lifts, pressure washers and hand tools occasionally
- Have the ability to work in high and precarious areas of the plant using proper safety equipment on an occasional basis
- Must be able to see color to properly identify chemicals and the labels
- Required to work in confined spaces or hazardous areas with proper personal protective as well as approved safety equipment
- Must have the ability to use and understand lockout/tagout of equipment
- Must have the ability to identify cleaning chemicals, explain and demonstrate proper use
- Have the ability to perform all the essential functions of the trim and inspect position also
- Keep your work area clean
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Have the ability to work in temperature and humidity extremes
- To successfully perform this job an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and physical ability required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or GED and one to three months of training and or related experience to satisfactorily perform the job.
- Possess the ability to read, comprehend and interpret documents such as company rules, equipment instructions, container labels, MSDS and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with co- workers and supervisory staff.
Possess the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and determine percentages and parts per million using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
This job has expired.
- Possess the ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Have the ability to deal with problems involving equipment malfunctions or shortages.