Moderna's Autoimmune & Inflammation Research group is seeking a talented, experienced, and motivated Scientist in Immunology to help advance Moderna's innovative autoimmune discovery and early pipeline development efforts, using mRNA therapeutics. The successful applicant will have deep knowledge of immune signaling pathways relevant to autoimmunity, in particular inhibitory receptors. In addition, they will have practical experience of perturbing immune cells with antibodies, cytokines, or other protein classes. The candidate will possess strong scientific curiosity and a desire to understand and harness immune regulatory pathways for therapeutic benefit, while possessing a solid mix of in vitro and in vivo skills with hands-on experience, preferably with one or more autoimmune models.
Here's What You Will Do
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table
- Design, develop, direct, and execute both in vitro and in vivo studies in a variety of autoimmune/inflammatory disease models to evaluate the activity of mRNA targeted at inhibitory receptors.
- Establish in vitro models relevant to the inhibitory receptor target biology on immune cells.
- Characterize antibody-like molecules in vitro for their binding, functionality, and mechanism of action.
- Identify key signaling components using methods such as immunoprecipitation and knockdowns/knockouts.
- Collaborate with internal partners to test, optimize, and advance therapeutic candidates into early development.
Moderna is pleased to provide you and your family with a comprehensive and innovative suite of benefits, including:
- PhD with relevant post-doc and/or 1-2 years industry experience.
- Hands-on experience with in vitro cellular techniques including flow cytometry and phosphor-flow, ELISAs, Westerns, MLR or other immunoassay techniques; and in vivo disease models.
- Experience in high-throughput screening of proteins, protein-fusion, and antibody-like molecules.
- Experience with in vitro functional characterization of B cells or Myeloid cells is a plus.
- Attention to detail, excellent written and oral communication.
- Scientific versatility, flexibility, results oriented, and ability to think creatively outside the box.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team is essential.
- Highly competitive and inclusive medical, dental and vision coverage options
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Lifestyle Spending Account funds to help you engage in personal enrichment and self-care activities
- Family care benefits, including subsidized back-up care options and on-demand tutoring
- Free premium access to fitness, nutrition, and mindfulness classes
- Exclusive preferred pricing on Peloton fitness equipment
- Adoption and family-planning benefits
- Dedicated care coordination support for our LGBTQ+ community
- Generous paid time off, including:
• Vacation, sick time and holidays
• Volunteer time to participate within your community
• Discretionary winter shut down
• Paid sabbatical after 5 years; every 3 years thereafter
- Generous Paid Leave offerings, including 18 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 401k match and Financial Planning tools
- Moderna-paid Life, LTD and STD insurance coverages, as well as voluntary benefit options
- Complimentary concierge service including home services research, travel booking, and entertainment requests
- Free parking or subsidized commuter passes
- Location-specific perks and extras!
Candidates should be aware that Moderna currently maintains a policy requiring all US-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and receive a booster shot once eligible. Newly hired employees must be vaccinated and boosted prior to their employment start date. Moderna is an equal opportunity employer and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated or receive a booster where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.About Moderna
In over 10 years since its inception, Moderna has transformed from a research-stage company advancing programs in the field of messenger RNA (mRNA), to an enterprise with a diverse clinical portfolio of vaccines and therapeutics across seven modalities, a broad intellectual property portfolio in areas including mRNA and lipid nanoparticle formulation, and an integrated manufacturing plant that allows for rapid clinical and commercial production at scale. Moderna maintains alliances with a broad range of domestic and overseas government and commercial collaborators, which has allowed for the pursuit of both groundbreaking science and rapid scaling of manufacturing. Most recently, Moderna's capabilities have come together to allow the authorized use and approval of one of the earliest and most effective vaccines against the COVID-19 pandemic.
Moderna's mRNA platform builds on continuous advances in basic and applied mRNA science, delivery technology and manufacturing, and has allowed the development of therapeutics and vaccines for infectious diseases, immuno-oncology, rare diseases, cardiovascular diseases and autoimmune diseases. Moderna has been named a top biopharmaceutical employer by Science for the past seven years. To learn more, visit www.modernatx.com.
Moderna is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
This job has expired.