We are looking for a Bioinformatics Scientist to work closely with scientists from diverse disciplines to support our VelocImmune® technologies. You will develop and maintain bioinformatics applications and analytics pipelines running on cloud and on-premise computing platforms. These applications typically process next generation sequencing (NGS) data for diverse scientific purposes, such as generating gene silencing oligos, performing whole genome de novo assemblies, and performing BAC library deconvolutions.
You will also have the opportunity to also be exposed to other bioinformatics pipelines in collaboration with other technology and therapeutic focus groups across Regeneron. This role requires strong familiarity with conducting bioinformatics analysis in a Linux environment. This includes extensive experience in scripting (such as shell, Python, R), configuring bioinformatics software, querying biological databases (e.g. dbSNP, NCBI, IMGT), and building complex pipelines.
In this role, a typical day might include the following:
This job might be for you if:
- Develop and maintain bioinformatics pipelines and carry out bioinformatics analysis for a wide variety of scientific purposes, such as generating gene silencing oligos, performing whole genome de novo assemblies, and performing BAC library deconvolutions.
- Utilize high performance computing platforms to accelerate and optimize pipelines and analyses.
- Collaborate closely with experimentalists to understand their needs and suggest appropriate computational approaches to shape future tech development.
- Work with other bioinformaticians to enhance existing pipelines, share methodologies, and develop best practices.
- You are passionate about understanding and utilizing efficient computational techniques to accelerate biological research.
- You have a strong work ethic and are proactive in providing solutions to foster scientific collaborations and drive projects forward within Regeneron.
- Can effectively communicate complex concepts to collaborators from a wide range of backgrounds.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
This job has expired.