This job has expired.
Scientist/Senior Scientist, ADC Bioanalysis
Are you looking to join a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Are you ready to jump in to a world-leading, innovative, and cross-functional environment? Then this job opportunity might be the one for you!
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you're our kind of person.
We are searching for a Scientist/Senior Scientist to design and implement PK/PD assays to support preclinical and clinical studies driving AstraZeneca's cutting-edge Antibody-Drug Conjugate (ADC) drug development pipeline. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic team player with experience characterizing and measuring proteins, peptides, and small molecules by LCMS.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
• Applying state-of-the-art mass spectrometry instrumentation to address sophisticated bioanalytical challenges related to drug discovery and development.
• Developing and implementing ligand-binding and mass spectrometry assays to characterize, track, and measure PK/PD biomarkers in blood and tissue.
• Analyzing discovery and clinical study samples; documenting, reporting, interpreting, and communicating results.
• Serving as a functional representative and subject matter expert on multidisciplinary project teams.
• Managing the tech transfer and overseeing sample analysis with contract labs and internal GxP teams.
• Establishing internal and external influence through initiatives, consortium activities, presentations, and publications.
• Maintaining lab documentation and practice in accordance with established SOPs. Ensuring that work is conducted in a safe and compliant manner.
• Bachelors/Masters in Biochemistry or other relevant discipline with 8+ years of relevant experience OR Ph.D. in Biochemistry or other relevant discipline with 0+ years of relevant experience
• Expertise in characterizing and quantifying proteins, peptides, and small molecules by LCMS
• Experience with analytical, microflow, and nanoflow chromatography systems and high resolution (ToF or Orbitrap) as well as QqQ mass spectrometers.
• Experience maintaining LCMS systems.
• Experience with ligand-binding assays (e.g. ELISA, MSD) and protein purification techniques.
• Demonstrated independent thinking and working ability, strong data analysis and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent record keeping, communication, and collaboration skills.
• Experience in bioanalysis of antibody-drug conjugates.
• Laboratory experience with GLP regulations, GxP documentation, industry practice, and regulatory guidance.
• Experience with cell-based analysis (e.g. flow cytometry).
• Pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience.
• Experience with automated/semi-automated sample preparation.
• A background in immunology, experience assessing immunogenicity.
• Knowledge of cancer biology, cell signaling, systems biology, and/or computational modeling.
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial -finding those moments and recognising their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
So, what's next!
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can't wait to hear from you!
Where can I find out more?
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedInhttps://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en