The 2nd Shift Supervisor has responsibility across all Value Streams for safety, quality, delivery and productivity and is the Management Representative on the shop floor. Writes, troubleshoots and makes changes to CNC programming functions as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The duties of the 2nd Shift Supervisor include but are not limited to the following tasks and other projects and duties may be assigned:
- Ensures all equipment is safe operating condition and coordinates maintenance resources as necessary with the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Review work orders/dispatch lists for each value stream to ensure man, material, and machine resources are available to execute the schedule.
- Ensures all support resources are available (Material, Programming, Tools, and Gauges)
- Assists with preparation and execution of machine set up.
- Handles disciplinary issues relative to adherence to company policies for safety, attendance, and productivity.
- Ensures effective employee relations; provides employee coaching and development; resolves employee issues through problem resolution.
- Balances quality, productivity, cost, safety and morale to achieve positive results in all areas; works to continuously improve in all areas.
- Responds quickly to handle Team Member injuries and other emergencies in accordance with Policies and Procedures.
- Ensures effective communication at shift changes.
- Conducts Gemba Walks regularly to ensure abnormalities are surfaced to be resolved quickly.
- Responsible for facility security after 5:00 p.m.
- Writes, trouble shoots and makes changes to CNC (computer numeric control) programs, processes and tooling for metals machinery and associated tooling in the factory.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- Thorough knowledge of all manufacturing methods, techniques, and related equipment.
- Be familiar with product construction and application.
- Have complete knowledge of production scheduling and shop operations.
- Have strong leadership skills, with excellent oral and written communication skills.
Job Requirements Education and Experience Requirements
Physical Demand and Work Environment:
- S. or A.A. (Associate's Degree) or equivalent from an accredited college, university or other educational institution in Industrial Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering or other technical discipline
- 5 or more years related experience in a Machine Shop Environment as a team lead or similar supervisory role and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have the ability to write, troubleshoot and correct programming problems
- Willingness to enforce all company policies relative to Safety, Productivity, Absenteeism, Tardiness, Lunch, Breaks, etc.
- Sitting - regularly
- Walking - frequently
- Standing - occasionally
- Lifting - up to 10 pounds; move up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to email@example.com
This job has expired.