The Corporate Security Officer is the primary/ initial contact with all individuals on AF Group property. Corporate Security Officers must be professional in their appearance and conduct and assist in the enforcement of corporate policies, guidelines, procedures, rules, regulations, laws and ordinances. The Corporate Security Officer will protect property against damage, fire, theft, trespassing, and illegal or unauthorized entry. They will provide high quality customer service and educate stakeholders to take an active role in maintaining a secure workplace. The Corporate Security Team will collectively provide a safe, secure, and friendly environment for all individuals on our property.
- Assures that all visitors are properly greeted and directed to their destination, and that unauthorized persons are not permitted to gain access to the buildings.
- Checks ID badges, boxes, packages, assists visitors and provides security at entrances and exits of the buildings.
- Patrols buildings and external properties to protect against property damage, theft, trespassing, unauthorized entry and fire or safety hazards.
- Respond, investigate and prepare security incident reports regarding crimes, fire or safety incidents, medical emergencies, property loss or damage, and employee or guest misconduct.
- Provides escort to vehicles.
- Manage traffic and parking processes/records and enforce company guidelines/rules for employees and tenants.
- Manage and perform tasks regarding identity, access and alarm management, visitor management, and other related processes.
- Performs scheduled inspections of AEDs, security technologies, and equipment to assure they are functional and operating as intended. Document findings and action taken to address deficiencies.
- Conducts scheduled access audits of security sensitive areas at all enterprise locations.
- Conducts access audits of personnel at the direction of Human Resources.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders; employees, guests, contractors, and vendors.
- Maintain understanding and knowledge of security related operations at all enterprise locations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions may be required. EMPLOYMENT QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION OR EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE:
- One (1) year post-secondary education in criminal justice or related discipline. Associates degree preferred.
- Two (2) years security related experience, or one (1) year general business or military with one (1) year general involving public customer service contact and experience in office building security.
- Working knowledge of safety codes, OSHA, and emergency preparedness preferred.
Continuous learning, as defined by the Company's learning philosophy, is required. Certification or progress toward certification is highly preferred and encouraged. CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Valid and unrestricted driver's license with no excessive traffic violations.
- Ability to obtain First Aid, CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) and AED (Automatic External Defibrillator) certification.
- Continuous learning, as defined by the Company's learning philosophy, is required. Certification or progress toward certification is highly preferred and encouraged.
Must be willing to accept long and short-term assignments on any shift operation as requested by their supervisor. SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
- Basic knowledge of criminal and civil law.
- Proficient with computer software including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Knowledge of various fire safety alarms and devices.
- Demonstrated competency and/or ability to learn computerized security technologies (identity, access and alarm management, and surveillance systems).
- Excellent public relations, verbal and written communication skills and ability to remain calm under emergency situations.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Other related skills and/or abilities may be required to perform this job.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos, safety rules and procedure manuals. Ability to write incident reports, department procedures and corporate correspondence in the form of email or letter style. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is a corporate office setting. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum education, experience, skills, knowledge and ability levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an \"at will\" basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.
This job has expired.