MCA, your trusted advisor for wireless communications, data, and security, is seeking a motivatedSenior Accountant for our growing team in Spartanburg, SC. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for a variety of corporate accounting tasks including assisting with the month-end close process, preparing journal entries, performing account analysis, preparing balance sheet account reconciliations, and assisting with special projects. Ideal candidates should be detail-oriented and enjoy working in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
MCA is building a team of people who share our values of service first, collaboration, trust and engagement. We take our work and our customers seriously and believe that our best work can also be fun. When you join our team, you join the MCA family!
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TEAM:
- Full-cycle, accounting ownership for the proper accounting and reporting of company transactions
- Prepare, post, and/or review monthly journal entries to ensure the accurate and complete accounting for project revenues, expenses, accruals, and related account analyses on a timely basis
- Correspond with other departments to ensure proper accounting for purchases and expenses
- Prepare, analyze, and/or review monthly account reconciliations and supporting schedules
- Balance sheet & income statement analysis, including comparisons to forecasted and trended results
- Interact with corporate and divisional finance team(s) to maintain consistent accounting
- Assist in the review and preparation of interim financial statements
- Provide support for MCA’s annual external audit
- Prepare various ad hoc and monthly recurring reports and analyses for management
- Assist in the documentation and monitoring of internal controls
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA or MBA a plus
- Min 5+ years accounting experience, preferably in a fast-paced & high-volume environment with demonstrated ability to anticipate next steps, take initiative, exercise discretion, and apply sound judgment.
- Strong understanding of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Ability to produce timely deliverables and manage multiple and shifting priorities in a dynamic environment
- Strong follow-up skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong customer service orientation, a team player with the ability to establish collaborative working relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively throughout the organization at all levels
- Highly proficient computer and software skills including advanced Excel, NetSuite preferred
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and work well under deadline pressure
- Credibility, ethical, full disclosure and clean financial history
- Excellent communications skills; including verbal and written communication skills
- Strong technical and analytical accounting background with recent experience and familiarity with complex accounting issues
- Exhibits a commitment to solve difficult problems with effective solutions, looks beyond the obvious for effective solutions in order to meet/exceed the needs of internal and external customers.
- Acts in a manner of integrity that shows support for the company, its values, and the employees while maintaining a constant focus on meeting/exceeding customer requirements and expectations.
Yes TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
Must have the ability to travel as needed. (Less than 25%) Some overnight travel may be expected. WHO WE ARE
Mobile Communications America, Inc. (MCA) provides wireless communication, data and security solutions that enhance the safety, security, and efficiency of workplaces across the nation. Customers trust us to provide a portfolio of turn-key systems, products, and services — including two-way radio communications, vehicle uplift, security video and access control systems, BDA/DAS, remote monitoring, GPS tracking, SCADA, dispatch, mass notification, and point-to-point wireless networks. Our more than 65,000 customers span industries such as public safety, commercial, manufacturing, education, healthcare, utilities, and government. In addition to being the largest Motorola partner in the U.S., MCA has strategic partnerships with over 1,000 major manufacturers to offer an extensive portfolio of products and technologies.
Since 2013, MCA acquired more than forty companies for both geographic density and technology portfolio diversity. These companies bring a combined industry experience of more than 75 years to build out a central corporate team and three operating divisions – Motorola (MSS), Data and Security. With more than 1350 employees and more than 85 locations throughout 13 states, we are there when our customers need us most. Our geographic footprint includes service centers across Alabama, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and West Virginia with the capability to service national customers across the United States. Our solution diversity and geographic footprint provide opportunities for employee growth and career development. WHAT WE BELIEVE
When you join our team, you join the MCA family! We are better together through the MCA Way: living our core values of Service First, Growth, Teamwork, and Safety.We take our work and our customers seriously and believe that our best work can also be fun. A component of our business that embodies the MCA advantage is our “Service First DNA” culture. Service isn’t just a motto for MCA, it’s an integral part of who we are and goes beyond our customers to our employees, partners, shareholder, and communities.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, and physical demands required of personnel so classified.
Mobile Communications America, Inc. offers competitive compensation as well as comprehensive benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid Time Off (PTO), Holiday Pay and much more. Mobile Communications America, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace and is an Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that celebrates diversity. At MCA, we are “better together.”
This job has expired.