Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is seeking a Senior Accountant to join the Controller's Group which is responsible for the coordination of the company's general accounting activities and ensuring timely and accurate delivery and analysis of financial information.
Specific responsibilities include supporting the Assistant Controller and other department leaders in all aspects of the monthly general ledger close, monthly detailed financial review, analysis and reporting, intercompany accounting and reporting, tax reporting needs, audit support, financial systems support and maintenance, working knowledge of recent accounting pronouncements (e.g.: IFRS 16), banking and treasury operations and compliance support, project accounting support and reporting, ERP system conversion support, review, analysis and adoption of new/updated policies, procedures and process improvements, support of weekly and annual planning, budgeting and forecasting.
Specific responsibilities listed are initial responsibilities and will change over time according to company's organizational, process and compliance needs, strategic initiatives, as well as individual bandwidth and skill set growth.
- Monthly General Ledger close including source system (BST) and system of record (HFM)
- Monthly detailed financial review, analysis, and reporting
- Production of monthly financial statements including statements by legal entity as needed in support of legal, compliance and proposal needs
- Support production of annual and periodic tax packages
- Support internal and external audit needs
- BST and HFM system support and maintenance
- Regular coordination and support of Accounting Manager and Accounting Supervisor
- Understand, organize, coordinate and maintain lease activity details for property, vehicle, and equipment leases (IFRS 16) and other recent accounting pronouncements when needed
- Regular use of compliance software packages (Tagetik)
- Support of banking and treasury operations and compliance needs
- Understanding of and heavy involvement in intercompany accounting, analysis, and reporting
- Project accounting reporting and support including deferred revenue, blanket costing, AR & WIP analysis, bad debt, ELF, work-at-risk reporting, etc.
- Contribute to and support balance sheet and cash flow planning, budgeting, and forecasting
- Significant involvement in ERP system conversion to Oracle
- Significant involvement in the adoption of new and updated polices and procedures as well as general process streamlining and improvements
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance and a minimum of 3-5 years of accounting or finance experience in a dynamic, changing organization
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles including a thorough understanding of General Ledger accounting and processes
- Strong analytical skills including demonstrated history of "outside the box" thinking
- Strong sense of work-product ownership, initiative and history of driving results through follow-up
- High level of computer literacy is required with particular emphasis on Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Teams, Outlook, Access and PowerPoint)
- Strong experience learning and adopting new software and/or technology platforms
- Strong knowledge of IFRS 16 and other recent pronouncements preferred
- ERP system conversion experience or similar preferred
- Experience with BST preferred but not required
- Experience with Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) is highly desirable
- Position requires periodic overtime as needed and particularly at month-end and year-end closes
- CPA or CPA candidate is preferred but not required
- Experience in a professional service organization (e.g.: engineering and consulting) is preferred but not required
- Proven track record of success working independently in a dynamic environment and handling multiple, competing priorities is a must
- Ability to successfully work from home is desirable but not required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.