This role is not eligible for 100% remote work and employees must live within a commutable distance to the office in which the role is based.
Who You'll Work With
At Slalom Build we co-create custom software, data and cloud products with clients who are ready to accelerate their digital transformation. We're passionate about technology, compelled by its potential as we help create the digital products, experiences, and technology-driven organizations that drive true change. We're thrilled by the opportunity to build the future we want to see, with anyone willing to join us.
The Software Engineering capability at Slalom Build brings our clients' vision to life! We use modern tools and techniques to build secure, highly scalable software products that handle our clients' most innovative and strategic work. We follow Agile practices when building software components and applications that utilize modern frameworks and cloud scale in order to accelerate our clients' business. Our software engineers are committed to the craft of collaboratively building high-quality and sustainable software products that delight our clients and their customers by taking advantage of emerging tools in an ever-changing technological landscape.
We build full-stack solutions across a range of established and emerging technologies and techniques according to the needs of our clients including:
What You'll Do
- Front end applications targeting native mobile and modern web platforms. Examples include React, Angular and Vue.
- APIs and back end services built using emerging frameworks and architectural patterns. Examples include Node, Typescript, Java and .Net.
- Hosting and application services provided by industry leading cloud providers. Examples include AWS, Azure and GCP.
- Operational efficiencies leveraging modern ecosystems and automated build and deployment pipelines.
- Collaborative build practices that allow our teams to be agile and responsive to our clients' needs.
You will apply capability expertise to shape and deliver amazing software solutions to client challenges during Discovery and Delivery. You will partner with clients to understand the technical and functional challenges they are facing. As you iterate on solutions with clients, you will develop implementation and delivery plans that take advantage of emerging technologies at scale. You will guide team members through onboarding and joining each software program, familiarizing them with its objectives and technical direction. You will coordinate with other capabilities in order to ensure that world-class user experiences are understood, validation procedures are aligned, and automation components are delivered. Your expertise in designing and developing holistic software solutions will benefit the rest of Slalom Build as you contribute to communities and provide mentorship to other Builders. Specifically, you will:
What You'll Bring
- Co-lead discovery and delivery project phases alongside other capability leaders.
- Develop and execute implementation plans in alignment with features and functionality designed to delight clients and customers.
- Provide oversight and guidance for other software engineers on medium-sized software teams.
- Write high-quality application code using emerging technologies and frameworks, primarily targeting cloud-based ecosystems.
- Collaborate with other software development capabilities to iteratively design, develop, validate, and operate software at scale using agile techniques.
- Ensure your team is empowered to deliver high-quality application code using emerging technologies and frameworks typically targeting cloud-based ecosystems.
- Advance the craft by developing and sharing materials and thought leadership with other Builders.
You will utilize your breadth of software design and delivery experience as well as your strong collaboration skills in order to coordinate the delivery of complex systems. Your ability to communicate ideas through diagrams, documents, and code will contribute to the team's ability to realize your client's vision. Curiosity will drive you to understand how to keep your team focused while ensuring that they are working as efficiently as possible. Your sphere of influence grows as you interact with business and technology leaders to coordinate and deliver the right solution to them. You will feed others' desire to learn and grow as you continue to expand your technical acumen across technologies and platforms. About Us
Slalom Build is a highly scalable, high-velocity Build as a Service firm. We work with clients in a flexible, collaborative, and repeatable methodology to create custom technology solutions for their most impactful initiatives and to accelerate their digital transformation journey. Over 1400 Builders strong, distributed across dynamic cities, our innovation hubs attract the type of people who contribute to thriving teams. By placing Builders in close proximity to clients-as well as their cultural and technology cohorts-we can assure the quality, versatility, and speed that product delivery demands, along with the elasticity and scale to tailor to individual client needs.
Slalom Build leverages a foundation of innovation inherited from Slalom, a Seattle-based firm that set out in 2001 to disrupt and redefine management consulting. Now 10,000+ professionals strong around the globe, Slalom is deeply engaged with some of the world's most influential, change-making enterprises. Learn more at slalom.com.
Slalom prides itself on helping team members thrive in their work and life. As a result, Slalom is proud to invest in benefits that include meaningful time off and paid holidays, parental leave, 401(k) with a match, a range of choices for highly subsidized health, dental, & vision coverage, adoption and fertility assistance, and short/long-term disability. We also offer additional benefits such as a yearly $350 reimbursement account for any well-being related expenses as well as discounted home, auto, and pet insurance.
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans' status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This job has expired.