Start something good. Empower your career. Become an employee owner at Cenlar.
Employee owners have made Cenlar the nation's leading mortgage loan subservicer. Our unique culture is defined by our core values of respect, trust, integrity and care. Company ownership, a promote-from-within philosophy, and opportunities for continuous professional growth make Cenlar a great place to launch or boost your career. Consider this opportunity to join our team as a Senior Auditor.
The Auditors are responsible for executing assigned audit/validation activities and demonstrating skills in assessing process risks, flowcharting business processes (including the supporting application systems), application systems), identifying and evaluating the design of controls, and executing and documenting audit/validation tests. The Auditors complete work in accordance with Cenlar's audit methodology and applicable standards, defined plans, budgets, and schedules during the audit/validation process.
Employees in this job family may be eligible for accelerated career pathing upon completion of their CIA, CPA, CISA, CAFP, or CRCM certification.
- Develops risk assessments, processes flows/diagrams, and testing procedures for all areas of the company, ensuring compliance with corporate policies, agency and regulatory guidelines, and industry best practices.
- Assesses and reviews operational controls throughout Cenlar to ensure sound operating procedures and internal standards are in effect
- Executes and documents audit/validation tests in alignment with audit procedures and IIA standards
- Develops written summary of audit/validation findings
- May review peer audit/validation documentation
- Performs validation activities ensuring all controls address the root cause of the issue and are effectively operationalized
- Performs "design of control" assessments and develops and executes test plans in accordance with Internal Audit methodology, standards, and adherence to applicable compliance laws, regulations, and/or guidelines
- Establishes working relationships with business process owner
- Performs follow-up on open audit/validation items to ensure findings satisfactorily resolved
- Ensures adherence to professional audit standards/guidelines
- Supports special projects as directed by management
- Supports continuous process improvement by identifying needs and opportunities, champions common audit process approaches, and recommends process changes to maintain the highest quality standards
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, include but not limited to compliance and operational risk. Demonstrate consideration for Cenlar's reputation as well as our clients, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of relevant or related experience required
- In depth understanding of Mortgage Servicing, QA/QC, or Risk Management experience
- Ability to identify and quantify operational risk in the various functions
- Detail-oriented, deadline driven, self-directed, and organized individual
- Strong written and verbal communication and analytical skills
- Strong interaction and people skills
- Ability to multitask and assess and change priorities
- Possess the ability to work independently and be able to recognize and escalate matters of attention appropriately and timely
- Must possess strong attention to detail and have the ability to make sound, independent decisions based on functional expertise and experience
- Ongoing professional development to include 40 hours per year of continuing education, as approved by the Vice President of Internal Audit
As an employee-owner at Cenlar, you'll receive an outstanding benefits package that includes paid medical, dental, and life insurance, 401(k), and tuition assistance as well as opportunities for training and professional advancement.
Cenlar is a drug-free workplace and an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer M/F/D/V/SO.
This job has expired.