At FHLB Des Moines, we work each day to develop an inclusive culture that supports and leverages the complexity of a diverse workforce. This enables us to effectively serve the needs of our members and help them succeed.
The Senior Auditor will perform reviews that examine and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the Bank's risk management, internal control and governance processes. The analyses, recommendations and information resulting from these reviews are reported to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors and management to assist them in the effective discharge of their responsibilities. The incumbent executes their responsibilities by reviewing Bank processes for organizational risk and related controls. The incumbent also looks for opportunities to facilitate efficient and effective accomplishment of key business objectives.
- Conduct assigned audit engagements successfully from beginning to end.
- Develop and execute audit programs in accordance with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and Bank/department policies and procedures.
- Manage departmental internal controls and regulatory issues.
- Prepare accurate audit work papers in a timely manner that use sufficient evidential matter to document and support the results of audit tests performed.
- Summarize and communicate audit results to SVP/Chief Audit Executive or VP/Internal Audit and Bank management in a timely manner.
- Complete other audit-related projects and annual testing as assigned.
- 5+ years' of business experience, audit experience preferred.
- CPA and/or CIA designations preferred; if the selected candidate has not achieved certification, candidate is expected to work towards obtaining it.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong personal computer skills, including use of spreadsheets, databases and word processing software.
- Bachelor's Degree required (Accounting, Finance or related business degree preferred).
Annual Salary: $90,000.00 - $100,000.00
This salary range represents the Bank's good faith and reasonable estimate of possible compensation at the time of hire. Offer to be determined by selected applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills & abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.This role is also eligible to participate in the Bank's annual incentive plan.
As part of our competitive Total Rewards package, the Bank offers 11 paid holidays, 5 weeks of PTO and a work culture that values work/life balance. Most roles are eligible for our hybrid work schedule of 3 days per week in office, 2 days per week work-from-home. We match 100% of the first 6% you contribute to your 401(k), and provide an additional 4% non-discretionary contribution to your 401(k) at the end of year. More information on our Total Rewards program can be found here.
At FHLB Des Moines, we celebrate diversity, work to create an inclusive culture and champion equity in all of our policies and practices. This enables us to effectively serve the needs of our members and help them succeed. FHLB Des Moines is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information (including family medical history), status as a parent or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.