Why Mount Carmel?
With five hospitals, over 60 free-standing outpatient clinics, a college of nursing, a Medicare Advantage plan, and extensive outreach and community wellness programs, Mount Carmel Health System serves more than a million patients in central Ohio each year, and we've been a pillar of this community for more than 130 years. As a proud member of Trinity Health, one of the nation's largest Catholic healthcare delivery systems, our network of caring spans 22 states, 94 hospitals, and 133,000 colleagues nationwide.
We know that exceptional patient care starts with taking care of our colleagues, so we invest in great people and all that we ask in return is that you come to work ready to make a difference and do the right thing.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages including medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Retirement savings account with employer match starting on day one
- Generous paid time off programs
- Employee recognition incentive program
- Tuition/professional development reimbursement
- Relocation assistance (geographic restrictions apply)
- Discounted tuition and enrollment opportunities at the Mount Carmel College of Nursing
- Mount Carmel offers DailyPay - if you're hired as an eligible colleague, you'll be able to see how much you've made every day and transfer your money any time before payday. You deserve to get paid every day!
The nation's 14th largest city, Columbus, Ohio is one of the fastest growing major metropolitan areas in the Midwest - ranked #1 for population growth, #1 for job growth, #1 for wage growth, and #1 real estate market. And with a vibrant blend of professional sports, world-class attractions, creative cuisines, and a flourishing music and arts scene, you'll never be found wanting for entertainment and experiences to call your own in Columbus. Learn more at www.experiencecolumbus.com! About the job:
In accordance with the Mission and Guiding Behaviors; the Senior Cook prepares and
serves high quality and quantity a la carte hot food menu items and baked goods for
patients, hospital staff and visitors.What you'll do:
What we're looking for:
- Exhibits each of the Mount Carmel Service Excellence Behavior Standards holding self and others accountable and role modeling excellence for all to see. For example: demonstrates friendliness and courtesy, effective communication creates a professional environment and provides first class service
- Promotes a Culture of Safety by adhering to policy, procedures and plans that are in place to prevent workplace injury, violence or adverse outcome to associates and patients.
- Relationship-based Care: Creates a caring and healing environment that keeps the patient and family at the center of care throughout their experience at Mount Carmel following the principles of our interdisciplinary care delivery system.
- Produce a la carte foods in a high volume fast paced environment consistently
- Serves meals to patients, hospital staff and visitors following established portioning guidelines.
- Performs all baking functions from production schedule using the prescribed methods of quality and quantity baking procedures set forth in standardized recipes.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Education: High school graduate or equivalent required. Advanced culinary training from a vocational/ technical school or culinary college preferred.
- Licensure / Certification: Completion of Sanitation Certification Course or ServSafe Certification within 6 months of hire.
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years of professional culinary experience. Short order cooking experience preferred.
- Knowledge of food preparation by recipe required.
- Must have a flexible working schedule.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
This job has expired.