On behalf of the enterprise the Corporate Underwriting Consultant will act as a primary, independent visionary, and demonstrate proactive authority in the development of underwriting guidelines, processes, and establishing quality control standards and procedures across all brands. In addition, this position will coordinate the Premium Audit function from an enterprise level. This position exercises broad discretion and judgment, and provides enterprise-wide operational consistency, integrity and oversight. This position serves as a technical expert and will be involved with supporting the goals and implementing best practices for of all brands and the Enterprise as a whole.
- Develops underwriting guidelines and letters of authority.
- Establishes enterprise underwriting policies, procedures and best practices. Assists in the implementation and monitoring of policies, practices, procedures and workflows.
- Establishes enterprise quality control standards and procedures including file review standards. Identifies strategy issues for quality control to ensure consistency with best practices and workflows.
- Outlines improvement opportunities and coach's management on ways to improve.
- Coordinates the enterprise underwriting audit function.
- Assist with the Market Intelligence Initiative as needed.
- Analyzes, researches and reports on underwriting trends, issues, laws, rules, regulations and best practices, and provides recommendations.
- Participates in the identification, preparation and presentation of underwriting training opportunities and programs at a brand and enterprise level.
- Serves as a technical expert and consultant in Corporate Underwriting on responses to questions and concerns for all brands.
- Serves as an advisor on responses to questions and concerns from brands and others on underwriting audit issues and Bureau inquiries.
- Collaborates with, and serves as liaison between Corporate Underwriting and brands.
- Analyzes and reviews accounts above the authority limits of brand managers and underwriters and makes determinations on pricing and programs.
- Analyzes current and potential book of business and provides appropriate reports and recommendations.
- Collaborates with enterprise brands and Corporate Underwriting in furtherance of enterprise cost containment strategies as necessary.
- Represents Corporate Underwriting and the enterprise, on various committees and events as appropriate and approved.
- Conducts underwriting due diligence assignments.
- Performs special projects, as assigned. Provides evaluation and input regarding effectiveness of departmental programs and projects.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information processed.
This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions may be required. EMPLOYMENT QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION OR EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in Insurance, Math, Finance, or a related field required Combinations of relevant education and experience may be considered in lieu of a degree. Continuous learning required, as defined by the Company's learning philosophy. Certification, or progress toward, highly preferred and encouraged. EXPERIENCE:
Minimum ten years of commercial multiline underwriting experience with demonstrated technical knowledge with both small and large accounts. Three years of leadership and/or managerial experience required. Two years of experience with the Enterprise as a Corporate Underwriting Consultant or equivalent experience which provides the necessary skills, knowledge and abilities required. SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
- Extensive knowledge of multiline underwriting techniques including knowledge of occupational classification codes, loss ratios, claims histories, retention plans, scheduled credits, and other methods of acquiring and retaining favorable business.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in evaluating and determining the propriety of accepting or rejecting multiline insurance risks for the purposes of issuing insurance coverage.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret policy documents, technical and financial information, and procedure manuals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills to identify improvement needs and develop solutions.
- Ability to effectively exchange information clearly and concisely, present ideas, report facts and other information, and respond to questions as appropriate.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to negotiate while creating and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships with working partners.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet necessary deadlines with minimal direction.
- Ability to perform necessary mathematical computations.
- Ability and proficiency in the use of computers and proficient in Microsoft Windows including spreadsheet applications and Microsoft Word.
- Ability to make competent, independent decisions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to perform other assignments at locations outside the office.
Work is performed in an office environment with minimal hazards. Travel may be required.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum education, experience, skills, knowledge and ability levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an \"at will\" basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.
This job has expired.