BASIC FUNCTIONS: This position is a senior role within the database administration team. This position requires total proficiency in all aspects of database administration and design. This position is expected to mentor and oversee junior staff members. It will work closely with the development teams to provide high-quality business solutions and play an active role in projects from inception to delivery.
• 5+ years of DBA experience
• BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong understanding of database infrastructure, maintenance, administration, and design.
• Ability to complete root cause analysis on database-related issues.
• Ability to complete impact analysis on database-related issues.
• Strong problem-solving skills in multiple operating environments.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Proven ability to troubleshoot connectivity and performance issues that involve database infrastructure.
• Ability to complete database infrastructure installations.
• Ability to research new or alternative database technologies.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Resolve performance issues and root cause resolution.
• Ensure clear and early communication, particularly ensuring that the line manager and/or relevant parties are kept informed of progress, issues, and difficulties.
• Train junior-level DBA staff as necessary, ensuring they are up to speed on critical processes and technologies.
• Lead research into new or alternative technologies.
• Review and sign off recommendations for upgrades or changes to the back-office infrastructure environment.
• Engage with Technical Architects and other senior members of Development teams to provide technical designs and guidance to the Database Operations team, taking responsibility for the implications and impact of their design decisions.
• Responsible for maintenance and "bug fix" activities for existing database infrastructure and equipment.
• Undertake research into new or alternative technologies and make recommendations for upgrades or changes to the database infrastructure environment.
• Responsible for installation of new database infrastructure and equipment and monitoring its stability.
• Undertake thorough impact analysis of all assigned database infrastructure activities and understand the impact of work on database infrastructure systems and the business.
• Respond to issues and support calls in line with relevant procedures, including security.
• Perform tests of upgrades and new database infrastructure and equipment.
• Monitor database operations and support maintenance activities efficiently to ensure minimal issues and incidents.
• Install new or upgraded database infrastructure equipment.
• All other duties as assigned.
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!