At Intuitive, we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints. Our mission is our guiding force; our culture is the DNA that makes us unique.
As a pioneer in robotic-assisted surgery (RAS), we have been expanding our innovations through technology to help make a difference in the world. For 25 years, human ingenuity has guided our journey to help solve some of healthcare’s complex challenges.
We believe a great idea can come from anywhere—inclusion and mutual respect are vital to our culture. We value character grounded in integrity, a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and diverse experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and strive to achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients.
Together, let’s help to advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
This new position will support development of Intuitive’s communications, corporate messaging and thought leadership strategy, positioning and pull through. Working closely with key business units and partners throughout the organization (including Global Public Affairs, Internal Communications, and others, and with executives and subject matter experts across the business) you will: be responsible for developing focused communications content for executive team members to deliver to key external audiences that positions Intuitive as an innovative thought leader and strategic partner; help to work with internal partners to identify opportunities and develop and implement strategies to leverage this content across earned, owned and paid channels while measuring impact; and work to align and amplify content/messaging with other communications functions and leaders (both internal and those who lead engagement with key external constituencies like customers, investors, media and others).
Thought leadership communications will encompass script writing, messaging, talking points, briefing memos, presentations, FAQs and other related materials for various channels, formats, and audiences. You will work with executives to develop focused narratives used to increase Intuitive’s visibility with key external constituents; evaluate incoming requests/opportunities; develop and implement a speaker training strategy and program; and develop any needed processes, procedures and protocols for content or calendar development, approval and amplification.
You will coordinate closely with all parts of the company to leverage diverse expertise and synthesize themes across the business and across products for inclusion into corporate communications, messaging and thought leadership, including helping to generate new ideas and content as well as soliciting feedback to improve the quality of communications.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop strategic communications content through collaboration with stakeholders and subject matter experts across the business.
- Build a strong network of, and partner with, internal collaborators including global executives, country managers, cross-functional colleagues in areas such as global public affairs, clinical and regulatory affairs and more. Drive and maintain alignment with internal collaborators.
- Quickly get up to speed on Intuitive’s business landscape, its stakeholders, its mission and impact on society, and become conversant on our technology, its clinical and economic value.
- Understand competitive dynamics and positioning opportunities within the category to powerfully define and differentiate Intuitive’s systems, services, and learning offering.
- Partner with brand, creative, and events teams to simplify messaging, develop compelling presentations using clear and concise scripts, and embrace new production methods to amplify and illustrate key ideas.
- Draft thought leadership content in various formats for use across Intuitive channels and tailor content to resonate with key audiences and constituencies.
- Collaborate with partners within and outside the organization to identify appropriate external speaking/engagement opportunities.
- Build robust, strategic external engagement strategy and calendar in partnership with key business units; strategy should include full pull through/amplification of engagement/speaking opportunities.
- Collaborate closely with colleagues globally to develop and execute an executive communications program for leadership in the U.S. and direct markets globally.
- Respond to speaking requests for executives received by the company.
- Drive strong visual storytelling to complement the written word.
- Attend key conferences in support of executives, as needed.
- Brief and coach local and global executives on key messaging and work with internal partners to brief and prep on issues, business risks and opportunities in advance of external engagements; provide on-site support for events as needed.
- Maintain a deep and broad knowledge of current issues in healthcare and related landscape, monitoring for coverage or major developments that impact speaking engagements and Intuitive content.
- Success in a highly collaborative, team-oriented business environment; where results are dependent on the ability to balance a strong bias for action with the need for cross-functional integration.
- Set and achieve KPIs and performance metrics to assure program success.
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training
- Seasoned communications professional with 18+ years’ progressively more responsible experience in corporate communications, with a significant portion of that engaged directly with strategic communications, messaging and thought leadership development, positioning and pull through.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills (including superior speaking and presenting skills); demonstrated ability to clearly, compellingly communicate complex ideas.
- Strong preference for healthcare experience, specifically medical device or pharma, or in another regulated industry for more than 8 years.
- Superior management and organization skills, especially the ability to monitor and manage multiple projects, events and issues simultaneously in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong track-record of operating within a highly matrixed global organization.
- Ability to effectively analyze, write and deliver information, and explain, advocate and negotiate positions and issues to a broad spectrum of individuals required.
- Ability to tailor materials to effectively communicate with multiple internal and external audiences, including colleagues in different departments and countries, different high-value external stakeholders and audiences.
- Self-starter, detail oriented, proactive, ability to work both independently and in teams.
- Demonstrated ability to create high-quality work with limited guidance, delivering results with good judgement in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and executive strategic message platforms that engage stakeholders and inspire action.
- Experience collaborating with designers and visual storytellers in a productive manner to amplify and illustrate concepts and build presentations intended for a variety of use cases from podium to virtual broadcast.
- Experience in providing effective advice, counsel and training/coaching on speaking and communications to executives, managers and colleagues
- Ability to work independently and juggle multiple projects and deadlines and in multiple time zones
- Detail oriented, responsive and focused on executing in a fast-paced environment
- Experience translating content into dynamic PowerPoint presentations and to present effectively to small and large groups.
- BA or BS degree required
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Shift : Shift 1 - Day
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Travel Requirements: Yes, 10 % of the Time Shift: Shift 1 - Day
This job has expired.