Are you looking to build client relationships and attain new business in the environmental field? Are you passionate about leading strategic initiatives to drive new business? Do you want to be a part of developing measures that ensure the success of the company's continuous improvement programs? Are you passionate about leading and developing a team? If the answer is, "Yes!" then we have an exciting career opportunity for you based in our Santa Ana, CA office.
Who are we? We are the Environmental Permitting & Compliance practice which provides air quality permitting, regulatory compliance, ecosystem services and remediation services as part of Montrose Environmental Group, the premier environmental services provider.
As a Senior Engineer / Scientist at Montrose, you will be a leader in our Permitting and Compliance practice and be a part of an interdisciplinary team of engineers, working together in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment. You'll be responsible for managing environmental permitting and compliance projects and, developing a small team of environmental professionals. You will maintain established client relationships and be able to identify new business opportunities. Our clients include key operators in industry, government, commerce, healthcare and education. They are the backbone of the Southern California economy.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER TO YOU
At Montrose, we're not just determined to think about a better way forward for environmental services today and down the road-we're committed to making it a reality. Our principles guide us. We Value Our People, Our Community, Our Clients, and Our Shareholders.
We care for the well-being of our people and offer:
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Competitive compensation packages
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- Medical, Dependent Care and Transit Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company paid Life and Disability Insurance and access to additional voluntary programs
- 401k with a competitive employer match
- Progressive vacation policies and company holiday to ensure work/life balance for our people
- A financial assistance program to help support peers in need
- Access to telemedicine and employee assistance programs
- Access to best rates in the industry to bring your student loan debt down to size
As a Senior Engineer / Scientist you'll be responsible for strategic planning to balance the requirements of the regulatory provisions and the needs of the client in a responsive, efficient and cost-effective manner.
Other responsibilities include:
- Ensure the quality of air, stormwater or hazardous materials permitting and compliance project work.
- Help clients establish environmental management strategies that are suited to their unique goals and operating needs.
- Establish and manage project budgets.
- Work directly with clients to ensure project success, understand client needs and strengthen business relationships.
- Monitor local regulations to ensure continued proficiency as an environmental professional.
- Forecast and set operational goals and metrics (KPIs) to meet or exceed performance expectations.
- Coordinate with Project Managers to allocate staff resources and work toward department performance objectives.
To perform this job successfully, individuals must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and responsibilities.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, geochemistry, hydrogeology, or related work experience
- 7+ years of environmental related experience
- Supervisory experience is desirable
- Ability to interface with cross-functional teams at all levels
- Ability to effectively manage a small team of developing professionals
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Solid organization and time management skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work independently, managing multiple responsibilities (i.e., Self-starter, self-motivated)
- Ability/willingness to travel (20%)
Desired Additional Qualifications will be Considered
- Certifications in GHG verification, LCFS verification, SCAQMD permitting, QSIP or other related environmental expertise is desirable
- Experience with greenhouse gas incentive programs for mobile and stationary sources (strategies, cost analysis, credit generation, trading mechanisms, etc.)
- Mobile source and indirect source emission reduction regulations and compliance strategies
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact 949-988-3500 or email@example.com for assistance.
Vaccination against Covid-19 is strongly preferred. All employees will be subject to policies and procedures of the Company that may be dependent on vaccination status.MAKE THE MOVE
We are an environmental services provider offering environmental planning and permitting, measurement and analytical services, and environmental resiliency and sustainability solutions. Our qualified engineers, scientists, technicians, associates, and policy experts are proud of our collective expertise and the collaborative nature of our approach to helping clients. We strive to optimize environmental resiliency in a way that effectively complements our clients' decision-making and operations and efficiently fulfills their project requirements. Montrose Environmental Group has over 50 offices across the United States, Canada and Australia and over 1,300 employees - all ready to provide solutions for environmental needs.
We are going to be blunt - the way we work may not suit to everyone. Montrose is fast-paced and dynamic. You'll have autonomy and responsibility while still receiving tons of guidance and plenty of support from talented, super-smart colleagues within Montrose. Therefore, if freedom, autonomy, head-scratching professional challenges attract you, we could be the perfect match made in heaven.
Want to know more about Montrose? Visit montrose-env.com and have fun!
Montrose is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our firm is committed through responsible management policies to recruit, hire, promote, train, transfer, compensate, and administer all other personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, and any other class protected by federal, state, or local law.
This job has expired.