Position: Senior ETL/SSIS Database Developer (Technical Lead)
** Note: The ideal candidate will have a senior ETL database development background in SSIS, SQL/T-SQL. We are also looking for candidates with experience in NoSQL, Yellowbrick and Hadoop.
Location: Ideal candidates would live in Nashville, TN (Also open to Chicago, IL or St. Louis, MO or Winston-Salem, NC)
Remote: We consider 100% remote anywhere in the US if the candidate has all the required skills.
This position is a technical lead position and will be responsible to serve as a high-level technical expert in the designing, coding, testing, supporting and debugging of new software or significant enhancement to existing software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
- Provide input guidance on the design and implementation of data solutions for their particular development team
- Remain accountable for project deliverables, schedules and quality
- Serve an interface with IT and business partners on data warehouse development projects in MS SQL, Oracle, Yellowbrick, and NoSQL
- Create, maintain, and optimize stored procedures, functions, inline SQL, database structures, and ETL processes to adapt to changes in needs and requirements
- Review test results with business, complete final program documentation, and obtain approval for changes
- Analyze and document how the business requirements fit into existing system
- Work with IT management team on project priorities and deliverable timelines
- Analyze issues independently, use judgement to make decisions, and take necessary action
- Provide on call support and provide direction to other on call resources
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- 7+ years of experience with Structured Query Language, Oracle and Microsoft
- Expert knowledge in database programming/querying languages
- Experience with ETL processes and Microsoft data services such as SSIS, SSRS, SSAS
- Knowledge of all phases of Software Development Lifecycle
- Ability to understand the business issues surrounding each project
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization
- Demonstrates attention to detail, organization, and timeliness in order to meet customer service expectations
- Demonstrates effective problem solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- 3+ years of NoSQL experience
- 2+ years of hybrid cloud experience
- Hadoop experience
- Yellowbrick experience
- Good time management skills
- Prior experience with other relational databases
- Experience working in the insurance industry
- Understanding of data modeling and database design
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
This job has expired.