At Asahi Kasei we believe anyone can buy equipment or build a facility. It is our diverse team members around the globe who will enable us to develop ideas and technologies and capture the exciting opportunities that lie ahead. We look for candidates with a fresh perspective, people with a wide variety of skills who are creative thinkers, enjoy challenges and are driven to excel.
We are currently seeking applications to fill the following job opening at Asahi Kasei Plastics North America where our products are used in a wide array of molding applications including automotive, consumer, electronics, furniture, and industrial parts and they provide excellent solutions for pressure vessels.
Asahi Kasei Plastics North America, Inc.
Advanced electrical and mechanical maintenance responsibilities for all processing and plant support equipment including, but not limited to, extruders, compressed air systems, process water systems, plant vacuum systems, feeder systems, dust collection, and die exhaust systems. Troubleshoot and maintain complex electrical systems, including motor, feeder, and extrusion control systems, HMI's and variable frequency drives.
Perform instrumentation and electrical maintenance functions which include but are not limited to the following:
- Follow all APNA safety guidelines and procedures; plan safety into projects and tasks
- Continuously work to improve the safety and efficiency of operations
- Preventative Maintenance and repair of all processing and support equipment
- Demonstrates initiative by proactively addressing communications and other issues
- Works with contractors during equipment repairs and improvements
- Operate PIV equipment (forklifts, scissor lift, articulating boom truck, portable hoist, cherry picker, etc.)
- Document repairs / PM's with eMaintenance system
- Maintain a clean and professional work area
- Functions with minimal supervision in a teamwork orientated environment
- Ability to interpret and update electrical drawings
- Troubleshoot and maintain complex equipment controls systems up to 480v
- Train other maintenance personnel on I&E systems and personal areas of expertise
- Adhere to arc flash safety standards
- Advanced Electrical and Mechanical Preventative Maintenance and repair of all processing and support equipment
(Education, Experience, Licensures, and Certifications)
- Minimum: High school diploma with ten years related work experience
- Preferred: Technical school training or equivalent with five years related work experience
- Valid driver license
Work Environment / Physical Demands / Travel
- Advanced electrical troubleshooting proficiency
- Program Variable frequency drive systems
- Interpret and edit PLC and machine controls systems
- Stands and walks most work hours
- Must be able to work at heights up to 30 feet, lift and carry up to 50 lbs., climb ladders, bend and twist in order to reach remote equipment
We believe a diverse workforce is crucial to our growth as a global supplier of advanced materials. Asahi Kasei is an equal opportunity employer.
This job has expired.