American Homes 4 Rent
As one of the country's fastest-growing property management companies of single-family rental homes, American Homes 4 Rent has an exhilarating and fluid start-up culture and permanency of a well-founded corporation, rich with diversity. As pioneers in the industry, solidified by our place on Wall Street, American Homes 4 Rent (NYSE: AMH) is currently looking for qualified candidates. With a culture of unprecedented growth, quality, and innovative collaboration, we are seeking personalities to complement our attributes.
The Senior Manager, Cloud Engineering focuses on tactical and operational plans with short-term to mid-term impact within the department. Manages the day-to-day work of assigned staff and operations of the department. Leads, directs, and reviews the work of a team to ensure successful operational outcomes within the department. Oversees the engineering and implementation of the organization's cloud infrastructure and systems to ensure cloud infrastructure is designed and installed in a manner that meets the architectural roadmap and the needs of the organization. Supports and develops operational and process improvement initiatives across the organization and drive initiatives to optimize processes, while driving accountability and ownership. Develops policies & procedures to support the functional infrastructure. Conducts extensive investigation and analysis to help troubleshoot new and existing technologies. Plans and executes large complex strategic initiatives with measurable contributions towards the achievement of results for the department. Requires ability to influence others to accept practices and approaches, and ability to communicate and influence executive leadership. Problems faced are difficult to moderately complex. Influences others outside of own job area regarding policies, practices and procedures.
- Oversees and manages the day-to-day infrastructure components including servers, IDFs, MDFs, wireless systems and desktop systems at assigned locations, as well all production systems and the deployments, updates, and changes to those systems. Develops and supports operational and process improvement initiatives across the organization and drive initiatives to optimize processes, while driving accountability and ownership.
- Collaborates, communicates, and follows up with various IT divisions for technology implementations. Assists IT personnel and/or end users to propose new hardware and software solutions to support the business. Meets end user needs by ensuring the uptime, performance, resource availability, and security of the computers managed within established budgets and operational guidelines and objectives.
- Conducts research on new technologies and aligns them with business needs and objectives. Evaluates, measures, and reports on return of investment; administers correction action recommendations, if needed. Sets standards based off industry best practices, physical and data link layer with preferred hardware. Manages department budgets and may have P&L accountability for area of responsibility to ensure work is completed within the established budget and timelines.
- Identifies, negotiates, establishes, and manages multiple vendors for managed services, implementation, and design of technology systems. Identifies, selects, and manages hardware and network support for production computer systems.
- Automates routine tasks using scripting and writing basic computer programs to address more complex systems software configuration and enhancements.
- Documents and maintains standard operating procedures (SOPs) for site-specific technologies in use company offices and properties. Ensures policies, practices and procedures are understood and followed by the team, clients, and stakeholders. Demonstrates leadership in making improvements to current processes, policies, systems, or products to enhance performance of job area.
- In accordance with applicable policies/procedures and Federal/State laws, may perform the following supervisory responsibilities: Interviewing, hiring, orienting, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; coaching and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Work where you feel right at home -
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology/Systems, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, and/or related preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of experience working in Cloud Engineering, Software/Network Engineering, Computer and Information Science, and/or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience of leadership experience managing a department with direct reports. Experience mentoring a team to allow for skill/knowledge development through advice, coaching, career planning, and training opportunities.
- Advanced knowledge and experience documenting infrastructure and setting standards and procedures.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Cloud Platforms (Azure, AWS, OCI), Cloud Strategy, Design, Architecture, and Migration
- Advanced knowledge and experience with DevOps and CI/CD pipelines
- Advanced knowledge and experience with troubleshooting Line-of-Business applications, Incident, Problem and Change Management
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to successfully influence at all levels and break down barriers across departments/diverse cultures.
If you are a versatile professional who values culture, a concerted environment, and the potential for exponential growth, we want to work with you! Apply now and someone from our Talent Acquisition team will reach out to you soon!
For positions that are permitted or required to work remotely, employees may conduct work only within the United States and only in states where the Company is already conducting business, unless for brief periods, consistent with Company policy.
For employees in Colorado only, the anticipated range is $105,000 to $150,150. Actual starting base salary will depend on geographical location, skills, and relevant experience.
The Company also may provide benefits with this position including but not limited to: medical, dental, and vision insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts (FSUs) and/or Health Savings Accounts (HSAs); Dependent Savings Accounts; 401(k) plan with employer matching; employee stock purchase plan; and potential for bonuses. The above wage range is the Company's current good faith expectation for this position. The actual amount paid and/or offered may be less or more than this range and will be based on factors including geographic location, education, training, or experience related to the work, seniority, merit, quantity and or quality of the work.Related Keywords:
IT, information technology, computer science, IT systems, software engineering, computer engineering, cloud engineering, network engineering, leadership, IT management, cloud infrastructure, analysis,
Information regarding AH4R's collection and use of your personal information can be found at https://www.ah4r.com/employeeprivacy
#LI-PH1 #DICE_PHO #remote #DICE #LI-Remote
This job has expired.