What you'll do...
Walmart's CENTROID org is transforming the future of Walmart's omnichannel supply chain strategy. Our team of industry-leading experts, consultants, and technologists combine exceptional strategic thinking with data science and advanced analytics to solve the world's most complex supply chain challenges at Walmart's scale.
Our mission is to design a supply chain that leverages Walmart's unique advantages to provide a wide product assortment, offer the lowest costs, and build cutting-edge capabilities through transformative initiatives. We're looking for extraordinary supply chain talent with top-notch quantitative abilities, critical thinking skills, and business acumen to propel Walmart through the next 50 years of excellence and innovation.
We're looking for a Supply Chain Strategy Sr. Manager I to lead and create initiatives for future strategies across Walmart's omnichannel supply chain. This is a high-impact, high-visibility role within the organization with expectations to deliver immediate results. In this role, you'll primarily be responsible for creating a long-term strategy and transformative path for Walmart's rapidly growing omnichannel business.
* Manage and execute entire projects from start to finish, including cross-functional project management, data collection and manipulation, analysis and modeling, and the communication of insights and recommendations
* Build scalable and complex supply chain models and processes to optimize supply chain strategies with the goal of delivering an excellent customer experience while balancing operating cost and asset efficiency
* Demonstrate a high degree of originality and creativity when developing solutions to improve existing business processes within supply chain, utilizing methods such as statistical analysis, regression modeling, and optimization
* Identify areas of opportunity and influence execution of results via cross-functional participation to enable quick wins and continuous improvement
* Lead implementation of pilots to demonstrate business impact
* Create and deploy robust metrics and dashboards to enable tangible transformation
You will thrive in this role if you:
* Enjoy working independently to manage multiple projects while ensuring deadlines are met and data output is accurate and appropriate for the business
* Easily navigate ambiguity and can make independent decisions about what data and approach is best for the task at hand
* Excel in communicating with individuals and groups at all levels of an organization
Potential projects include:
* Create models to analyze the Supply Chain network needed to support future sales growth with scenario modeling capabilities to understand the sensitivity to multiple variables; opening, closing, or repurposing distribution centers; conduct scenario analysis to evaluate multiple networks designs and impact to customer experience and cost to serve
* Develop optimization logic and a tool to determine truckload lane strategy for outbound transportation, balancing cost and SLA requirements
* MBA, MS, or PhD in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Operations Management, or Supply Chain Management
* Experience with large dataset mining tools and open-source programming tools (e.g., R, Python, HiveQL, Spark)
* Experience with network modeling tools (e.g., Llamasoft Supply Chain Guru), network optimization, and long-range planning
* Extensive experience or knowledge of supply chain domains and related information systems - distribution/transportation, sourcing, planning, manufacturing, and inventory management
* Retail industry experience
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelors degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 4 years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 2: Masters degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 2 years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 3: 6 years' experience in an analytics or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Data science, machine learning, optimization models, PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Information Technology, Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Successful completion of one or more assessments in Python, Spark, Scala, or R, Supervisory experience, Using open source frameworks (for example, scikit learn, tensorflow, torch)
640 W California Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94086-4828, United States of America
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!
Posted 25 minutes ago
Posted 25 minutes ago
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
Posted 25 minutes ago