Job DescriptionAre you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
**Relocation Assistance Available**
Position could be based at one of these locations Orlando, South FL / Hilton Head, SC / Palm Desert, CA or San Diego, CA / Vail, Colorado
As a member of the professional staff, contributes specialized knowledge and skill in a discipline (e.g. Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, Information Resources, Operations Planning & Support, Sales & Marketing) area to support team and/or department business objectives. Generally, works under limited supervision, but within established guidelines, producing and analyzing more complex business information to assist in the decision-making process.
Specific Job Summary
The Senior Manager, Talent Management - Hyatt Vacation Ownership (HVO) develops and implements talent management and organizational effectiveness strategies and programs to drive the performance, engagement, and retention of associates with a focus on onboarding, learning, performance management, and succession management/human capital review. The Senior Manager will work with business leaders and associates to examine the talent pipeline, assess development needs, establish talent management strategies, and provide ongoing support for the development of associates. The incumbent will be expected to travel approximately 50% of the time.
Generic Expected Contributions
Specific Expected Contributions
- Performs more complex quantitative and qualitative analysis for business processes and/or projects. Often manages small projects, business processes or parts of larger ones.
- Responds to, solves and makes decisions on more complex/non-routine business requests with limited to moderate risk.
- Responsible for own work and contributing to team, department and/or business results. May direct work of non-management staff.
- Assists more senior associates in achieving business results by:
- identifying opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of business processes.
- providing training and technical guidance to less senior staff, where appropriate, and serving as point-of-contact for problem resolution.
- participating in setting department operating plans.
- recognizing and celebrating team successes.
- achieving results against budget within scope of responsibility.
- Demonstrates an awareness of personal strengths and areas for improvement and acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
- Performs other duties as appropriate.
- Partners with HR leaders to execute the overall Talent Development strategy within assigned business unit and acts as a trusted consultant and subject matter expert business leaders for learning and talent management needs.
- Delivers instructor-led and virtual leadership development courses for associates in his/her assigned business unit and overall Company as required.
- Coaches and advises business leaders (e.g., functional leaders, regional/site leaders) to support the success of talent management programs.
- Maintains responsibility for high-quality delivery of training programs (e.g., New Hire Orientation) in his/her assigned business unit, ensuring that facilitators have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to deliver with excellence; leads train-the-trainer programs and provides coaching to trainers.
- Reviews and analyzes feedback on programs from internal customers; identifies trends in feedback and provides follow-up for issue resolution and/or appropriate communication to business leaders.
- Leads projects and initiatives to support talent development and performance improvement strategies for all associates within his/her assigned business unit.
- Leads training projects by working with Subject Matter Experts, learning developers, and vendors to design and deploy training programs across the enterprise.
Human Capital Review & Talent Planning
- Partners with HR leaders to implement and lead Succession Planning/Human Capital Review efforts within the business unit.
- Analyzes the leadership pipeline and recommends strategies to close gaps and build talent pools.
- Supports high-potential associates in the development of individual/professional development plans; implements strategies (e.g., 1-on-1 coaching) to close skill gaps and drive readiness for next-level positions.
- Examines human capital data to proactively identify workforce trends for key leadership positions; works with HR partners and business leaders to develop and implement strategies to strengthen the talent pipeline.
- Supports all Performance Management processes/programs for the business unit by communicating requirements, monitoring progress, and providing guidance to leaders.
- Lead organization effectiveness initiatives, fostering the development of organizational capabilities, structures, and support systems needed to support the execution of the business strategy.
- Partner with senior leadership and HR Business Partners to review current organizational performance and culture; make recommendations for organizational design; process alignment and build organizational plans to support necessary changes.
- Create and implement change management strategies and plans for large-scale business initiatives.
- Apply diagnostic tools, organizational change management principles, and effective coaching techniques for the development of organizational strategies, structures, and processes to facilitate the successful development of our talent and execution of the business strategy.
- Conduct organizational assessments & diagnostics for team & organization development, using defined methodologies to identify critical issues and root causes and implementing appropriate solutions to improve team & organization effectiveness.
- Supports HR/Organization Effectiveness programs, such as the organization's annual engagement and pulse surveys, 360-degree feedback, and other various assessments; Lead analytics and distribution of the key talent insights; integrate OE programs and action with key business metrics.
Successful candidates should possess knowledge and experience and demonstrate strong leadership and relationship skills as follows:
Generally, a professional position requiring significant knowledge and experience in one or more disciplines and/or business operations as well as associate management experience. College degree and/or relevant experience generally required.Specific Candidate Profile
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management desired, or other related field or equivalent work experience.
- Master's degree in Organizational Development / Design, Industrial Psychology, Leadership, Business, Human Resources, or related field strongly preferred.
- Six (6) to eight (8) years of progressive experience in Human Resources.
- Relevant global learning, training, and development experience required.
- Demonstrated experience with succession management/human capital review processes.
- On-property resort or hotel experience/knowledge preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Possesses strong facilitation skills with the ability to deliver high quality learning experiences to adults in virtual and classroom settings.
- Proven ability to collaborate and resolve issues and influence without position authority.
- Proven ability to function as a team player who works with a high degree of independence and credibility.
- Delivers results under difficult conditions and demonstrates balanced judgment under pressure.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with a broad group of stakeholders in order to foster trust and influence key decisions.
- Proven ability to apply excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information.
- Analyzes and assesses situations to find effective solutions; creative problem solver; engages in fixing the problem; makes decisions using data.
- Possesses strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks developing and using systems to organize and keep track of information.
- Proven ability to quickly build rapport and trust.
- Ability to remain current with Learning, Training, Development and HR trends and best practices.
- Possesses high degree of integrity in dealing with sensitive information.
- Integrates and balances priorities, work activities and resources for the benefit of multiple key stakeholders.
- Ability to be an active learner enhancing professional and business growth through the acquisition of knowledge and experiences; proven ability to challenge organizational norms and accepted thinking to improve effectiveness.
- Must be able to meet deadlines.
- Must have excellent people skills.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture