At Intuitive, we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints. Our mission is our guiding force; our culture is the DNA that makes us unique.
As a pioneer in robotic-assisted surgery (RAS), we have been expanding our innovations through technology to help make a difference in the world. For 25 years, human ingenuity has guided our journey to help solve some of healthcare’s complex challenges.
We believe a great idea can come from anywhere—inclusion and mutual respect are vital to our culture. We value character grounded in integrity, a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and diverse experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and strive to achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let’s help to advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
Helps lead to the successful support and advancement of low volume, high complexity manufacturing of SP Endoscopes
- Keeps the line running; troubleshooting test failures, equipment and fixture errors, and general assembly problems.
- Independently assesses and creates strategy for meaningful continuous improvement projects
- Lead and mentor others in efforts that improve yield, reliability, manufacturability, capacity, and/or cost.
- Makes careful, sound decisions when faced with pressures typical of a high-energy, team-oriented manufacturing environment.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Daily manufacturing engineering support for the production line
Provide technical support and failure analysis, for discrepant production components and assemblies
- Leads root cause investigations through structured problem solving and implements corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Develop, maintain, and improve manufacturing processes and documentation using pFMEA as a guide
- Establish and perform IQ/OQ/PQ on equipment and fixtures
- Support Design Verification and Validation (V&V) activities
- Execute validations on Manufacturing lines (PPQ)
- Lead and mentor others in continuous improvements, process development, yield and reliability improvements and cost reductions
- Support quality system compliance including, discrepant material dispositions, ECO implementation, and nonconforming evaluations.
- Other reasonably defined responsibilities and duties.
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
- Minimum Bachelors’ degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline, advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 7 years experience.
- Experience in low/mid volume manufacturing of complex electro-mechanical assemblies
- Strong technical problems skills with ability to identify root cause and drive corrective actions (8D, DMAIC, 5-Why)
- Ability to effectively use statistical methods in data analysis for process development and problem solving
- Effective communication skills (verbal, written and presentation)
- Proven time management and excellent teamwork skills with proven ability to work within a cross functional team and drive for timely project success
- Use of Agile or similar lifecycle management system tool
- Experienced in ISO 13485 medical device manufacturing environment a plus
- CAD experience a plus (SolidWorks)
- Basic programming understanding and experience a plus (Matlab, Python)
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Shift : Shift 1 - Day
Travel : No
Travel Requirements: No Shift: Shift 1 - Day
This job has expired.