What you'll do...
Senior Merchant - Large Appliances
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make to create the future of retail, from responsible sourcing to sustainability - and everything in between.
As a Senior Merchant, your expertise, vision and strategy will allow you to see the products you buy come to life in stores and online. Leveraging your advocacy and negotiation skills with the access and scale of the Walmart system, you'll make a direct impact on the business and help families all over the world save money and live better. Along the way, you'll be guided by our deep-rooted culture and have the support you need to do your job, learn, grow and succeed.
What you'll do...
As a Senior Merchant you will lead a cross-functional buying matrix team, establish strategy and manage budgets to drive profitable growth, develop robust partnerships with suppliers, and use vision and creativity to impact the customer experience. You know your supplier and customer needs better than anyone else and are constantly thinking about what is next for your business. Success in this role requires tenacity, an analytical mindset, influence, and a competitive spirit. You'll use your executive presence to work with suppliers at all levels and navigate interesting, complex challenges.
You'll sweep us off our feet if:
You'll make an impact by:
- You are comfortable managing a multimillion-dollar business with profit and loss responsibility
- You are an entrepreneur and enjoy being the CEO of your business
- You are data savvy: you can analyze performance, understand trends, and translate results into strategies
- You are tenacious, dedicated and thrive working with ownership, autonomy, and a healthy dose of competition
Benefits & Perks:
- Developing strategy and growth of multiple formats and departments for large, complex, or high-risk categories and subcategories by identifying relevant trends to meet diverse customer needs.
- Growing your category: planning, budgeting, forecasting and driving growth for the category and establishing a comprehensive understanding of the competitive landscape
- Establishing and influencing high-visibility supplier relationships
- Developing and managing new and existing product lines
- Always looking for creative ideas to drive business improvements, innovation, and customer experience.
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Merchandising or related field and 4 years' experience in merchandising, buying, financial planning, operations, or related area.OR 6 years' experience in merchandising, buying, financial planning, operations, or related area.
1 years' supervisory experience. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Microsoft Office, Negotiating with third-party suppliers, Supervisory experience
Masters: Business, Masters: Merchandising Primary Location...
702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America