Senior Plan Analyst - Marsh & McLennan Agency - Troy, MI (MMA Upper Midwest)
Your goals. Your ambitions. Your definition of success. At MMA, we believe nothing should stand in your way of making these a reality. Here, your future is limitless. As an MMA colleague, you'll get personal and professional development opportunities, a driven and entrepreneurial team-oriented environment, and leaders at all levels who are committed to maintaining high levels of colleague engagement.
As a part of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services firm in risk, strategy, and people, MMA colleagues are part of a network of resources and expertise that sets our organization apart from the competition.
We are currently seeking a Senior Plan Analyst on our Employee Health & Benefits team in Troy, MI.
Our office in Troyserves the group benefit needs of organizations headquartered in Michigan that employ between 100 and 10,000 workers. We provide innovative and individually tailored cost reduction strategies and tactics in all of the functional elements of group benefit plans. The Senior Plan Analyst has a high level of experience with health care analysis. By utilizing highly developed technical and analytical skills, the Sr. PA works independently with very limited direction, demonstrates a high level of accuracy and proactively develops / improves departmental work product. The Sr. PA has group underwriting experience projecting benefits costs, analyzing proposals and evaluating self-funded benefits. The Sr. PA has excellent communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrates proficiency with computer tools. The Sr. PA works on high complexity cases, constructs flow pages and executive summaries for the Vice President. The Sr. PA operates somewhat independently with minimal direction from the Vice President(s). The Senior PA is expected to take ownership of the projects they are working on, be proactive in the development of work and make day-to-day decisions without guidance. The Senior PA is proactive in recommending the best alternative for the client to the Vice President.
What can you expect?
What is in it for you?
- Small agency feel with world class resources of an international corporation
- Committed, competent and engaged leadership at all levels
- Driven & entrepreneurial team-oriented environment
- Our Core Values: Innovation, Passion, Collaboration, Accountability, and Integrity
We will count on you to:
- Personal & professional development opportunities
- MMA University - 1000s of free courses and resources
- Certification & designation bonuses. Company-paid study time & testing fees
- Flexible work options
- Dress for your day
- Competitive compensation & benefits package including Paid Parental Leave & PTO for Volunteering
- Colleague Resource Groups and a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion
- And more!
What you need to have:
- Provides the Vice President(s) underwriting support in obtaining the most competitive proposals in the marketplace, detailed financial reporting and advanced vendor evaluation.
- Performs duties with limited direction from the VP including constructing detailed client / prospect reports, while demonstrating a high level of advanced knowledge and technical skill. The Sr. PA constructs files / work product so others can follow logic to determine how the numbers were developed and ascertain which assumptions were used.
- Develops and maintains an advanced working knowledge and understanding of technical expertise of industry trends and changes to the health care / employee benefits delivery system.
- Develops and maintains an advanced understanding of both MS application software and other tools and methods provided by the company to effectively complete work product.
- Answers client's questions both orally and in writing. Communicates effectively both internally and externally on matters related to client work product, work in progress, market information and other projects as assigned with minimal direction from the Vice President(s).
- Provides support to other colleagues to complete special projects as needed and working on special client projects as needed.
- Builds relationships with carriers to help expedite information processing. Illustrates knowledge of carrier plans, with a primary focus on area-rated medical, self-funded and ancillary benefits.
- Maintains complete and accurate client files utilizing company filing standards.
- Researches industry topics to inform the team of industry trends as well as sharing templates and ideas within the PA department.
- Develops flow pages (summary of key points in the client study), executive summaries, letters and e-mails.
- Gathers the most accurate data available and summarizing it in a usable, error-free format for the final presentation. The Sr. PA is expected to develop a final work product that is clean, concise and accurate in a format that is easily read by the Vice President and client.
- A Sr. PA should have a high level of knowledge of various group products and have a strong technical ability to illustrate the advantages / disadvantages of a specific group product to a client.
- Regularly participates in the Plan Analyst team meetings to share information and gather information from other Plan Analysts. Also participates in vendor trainings to gain a further understanding of industry changes and trends and shares this information with the PA department.
- Acts as Guardian for new Plan Analysts and assists in the on-boarding of new Plan Analysts.
- Conducts departmental, small group or 1:1 training for other Plan Analysts.
- Provides useful templates, new work processes, etc. to the Plan Analyst department to assist PA's in their day to day work.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, mathematics or other related area preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years experiencein the healthcare benefits industry working for a group, insurance carrier, broker or general agency preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to details.
- Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills.
- Must be able to follow directions, be detailed and resourceful.
- Ability to work under extreme pressure (tight deadlines & juggling many projects).
We are excited to offer a competitive total rewards package which includes: health and welfare benefits, tuition assistance, 401K savings and other retirement programs as well as employee assistance programs.
MMA encourages all its colleagues to pursuedreams without limits
. We promote curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking and take risks on new ideas. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. We are always seeking those with ethics, talent, and ambition who are interested in joining our client-focused teams.
We further believe a business culture that supports a healthy, safe work environment does so by offering the right benefits, programs, policies and opportunities to keep colleagues engaged and productive including: a flexible, hybrid work environment, health and welfare, 401K, employee assistance program, volunteer opportunities, and other programs.
Marsh McLennan and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
At MMA,your future is limitless
. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://marshmma.com/careers.
This job has expired.