MAG is seeking to hire a Senior Principal SATCOM Engineer. This position shall be responsible for designing, installing, maintaining and supporting Local Area Network (LAN), Wireless Area Network (WAN) and Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) infrastructures. The Senior Principal SATCOM Engineer will provide high-level technical support for voice and data network systems, create and maintain network documentation, maintain hardware and software standards, and work projects as needed in order to upgrade to new and/or improved communication equipment and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include, but are not limited to:
RequirementsMinimum RequirementsKnowledge and Skills
- Shall provide Tier 2 and/or Tier 3 network support for a complex enterprise WAN and LAN network.
- Shall provide Tier 2 and/or Tier 3 network support for a complex RF systems.
- Shall troubleshoot and identify sources of problems and resolve issues.
- Shall monitor and resolve service requests in accordance with published SLAs.
- Shall review and assist in the creation of desktop management policies and procedures for an enterprise.
- Shall assist in establishing and enforce best practice processes for network management, including configurations, monitoring, patch management and security.
- Shall operate Satellite Modems, Redundancy Switch, associated cables, and interconnects; Up Converters, Redundancy Switch; Down Converters, High Power Amplifiers (HPAs), Low Noise Amplifiers (LNAs), Low Noise Block (LNB); Waveguide (rigid, flex, and elliptical) joints and connections; Intermediate Frequency (IF) cable and connections; Antenna, Antenna motors, Solid State Power Amplifiers (SSPA), Antenna Control Unit (ACU), and associated cabling and interconnects; Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Units; Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS); Generator (if applicable).
- Shall maintain and troubleshoot using any Test Measurement and Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE) required over and above the Built-In-Test (BIT) capability of the supported equipment.
- Shall manage and maintain telecommunication installation supplies.
- Shall maintain daily on-hand inventories.
- Shall operate Satellite Radios and maintain those systems.
- Shall operate FDMA, TDMA modems.
- Shall operate and program an iDirect, Linkway modem and or Hub.
- Shall manage all terminals assigned.
- Shall have a minimum of ten (10) years of experience in support of installations, repair, troubleshooting or maintenance of satellite communications electronic systems or equipment.
- Shall have a minimum of ten (10) years experience operating in a tactical satellite environment operating/maintaining antenna controllers, SSPA, LNA/LNB, up and down converters, Fiber optic/Coax/Ethernet Cable, Frequency Division Multiple Access (FDMA) and Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA) modems (satellite modems) and Modem Hub operations.
- Shall have experience and skill with commercial and military satellite and commercial TDMA/FDMA modems required.
- 12 years of operational experience.
- Shall have Network+.
- Shall have Security+.
- Shall have Modem qualification.
- Bachelor's degree preferred (Engineering or Computer Science).
Substitutions: An associate's degree plus 12 total years of recent specialized experience, OR; A certification plus 15 total years of recent specialized experience, OR; 20 total years of recent specialized experience.Special Note
The position is contingent upon candidate's ability to meet physical and medical requirements as needed by the position; including compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local jurisdictional requirements.
Government or customer site-specific requirements may include, but are not limited to, proof of full COVID-19 vaccination status, except in circumstances where a candidate is legally entitled to an accommodation.Company Policy
MAG Aerospace (MAG) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to our positions.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.Click below for the "EEO is The Law" and Federal Contractor Poster Supplement:
MAG Aerospace (MAG) is committed to providing an online application process that is accessible to all, including individuals with a disability, by offering an alternative way to apply for job openings. This alternative method is available for those who cannot otherwise complete the online application due to a disability or need for accommodation.MAG provides reasonable accommodation to applicants under the guidance of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam-Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and certain state and/or local laws.
If you need assistance due to a disability, please contact the MAG Aerospace Recruiting email:Applicant.Assist@magaero.com or call (703) 376-8993