Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Project Manager to work out of the Houston, Texas location with extensive experience in chemicals/fuels/refining projects/contract management, engineering, technology, construction, operations, and maintenance across the asset life-cycle.
**Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship form Wood is required.
- Seek and provide value-added services that are aligned with the Customer's needs and increase the overall annual value of the contract
- Provide leadership for integrated multi-disciplinary and cross-office teams to supply services in accordance with contract scopes of work
- Support Business Development and ensure effective handover of secured contracts, as applicable
- Ensure a clear definition of scope and compliance with the requirements of the contract
- Apply an effective change control process, dependent on the scope and where required
- Manage and monitor project performance on an ongoing basis to identify issues and opportunities early and take pre-emptive action
- Engage with Wood leadership, reporting project status to Wood business line management
- Effectively manage project interfaces, including the use of Wood's global resources
- Manage the design, procurement, and construction activities to meet the project schedule
- Monitor schedule milestone attainment. Develop and implement of corrective action plans
- Ensure timely and effective documentation turnover and project close-out
- Ensure that all project plans and estimates are prepared accurately and timely
- Assist in monitoring and controlling all cost aspects of the project to forecast costs, obtain approvals, identify trends, and take action to avoid cost overruns and take advantage of opportunities
- Assess the performance of cost control system & personnel
- Ensure the right systems are in place and that these are applied on the project
- Ensure compliance with Wood's policies and procedures
- Provide clear and focused leadership for the project
- Provide mentoring of personnel as required and participate in staff performance evaluations
- Identify and implement training requirements.
- Ensure effective communications with the project team
- Ensure accurate, timely & effective progress reporting to the Customer and internally to Wood management
- Ensure ongoing monitoring of the communication network between project staff, the client, and third parties and introduce changes where required. Identify and monitor the closure of all project risks and opportunities
- Maintain a risk avoidance and risk mitigation focus throughout the project duration.
- Ensure the design team is aware of and is complying with the client's Basis of Design and applicable regulations and codes, and the project schedule
- Monitor design activities, inter-discipline data flow, and communications
- Assess procurement process throughout the project to ensure goods meet specifications and are delivered on time, and are within budget
- Participate in plant troubleshooting/process monitoring as it relates to project activities
- Production optimization and debottlenecking studies and software
- Be familiar with all Customer HSE policies and procedures and demonstrate leadership in HSE through engagement and promoting a culture of safety and well-being.
Skills / Qualifications Values And Behaviors
Education, Technical & Industry Experience
- Team player, Servant leader
- Active listener
- Ability and effectiveness to engage customers and team
- Growth focused
- Bachelors of Science degree in Engineering (Process or Mechanical Eng is preferred)
- Applicant should have 15+ years of relevant work experience leading process plants, refining, and oil and gas projects with a blend of brownfield and greenfield work
- PMP preferred
- Experience on projects through project life-cycle from concept (pre-FEED) straight through to commissioning and startup and achieving steady-state operations
- Experience with process licensors / processes
- Direct and sustained experience in a customer service environment
- Demonstrable commitment to HSE Management in a project/Service Contract environment
- Proven team leadership and communication skills
- Proven ability in leading multi-discipline activities in an industrial environment
- Proven Project Management skills
- Strong business and commercial acumen
- Understanding of contract requirements, development, and negotiations
- Experience as a Project Manager on small, medium, and large scale projects or portfolios
- Operating/business experience in a consulting and/or engineering environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage multi-discipline teams doing feasibility, FEED and detailed engineering, procurement and execution phases of projects. Experience in providing project management services to energy companies
- Engineering discipline technical leadership experience on EPC work
- Requires travel to the job site as necessary
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.