Responsible for working with Residential team to provide students on respective dormitory with a safe, clean and structured living environment that fosters student retention, satisfaction, achievement and success.
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Advanced degrees preferred. A minimum of one year Job Corps or related program experience required. A valid in-State Drivers License preferred. Physical requirements include sitting, standing, climbing, walking, lifting, pulling and/or pushing, carrying, reaching, stooping and crouching. Demonstrates the ability to lift 40 pounds and/or the ability to assess the lift load in order to ask for necessary assistance.
Oversee respective dorm area and uses proper judgment and discretion to resolve student and staff issues and concerns. As a Lead Residential Advisor, provides mentoring, support and guidance to Residential Advisor staff. Provides individualized student case management to maintain student enrollment and success in the program.
Supervises residential staff as directed and may serve as the Acting Residential/Dorm Supervisor in his/her absence.
- Follows all integrity guidelines and procedures and ensures no manipulation of student data.
- Maintains a safe and clean dorm environment. o Provides quality supervision to students in the dormitory. o Ensures the accuracy and completeness of incident and shift reports. o Ensures the physical security of the dorm area and reports concerns to dorm supervisor.
- Maintains adequate levels of inventory per established department reorder points and proactively orders supplies to meet department requirement.
- Active member on case management and success teams to ensure student success in the program.
- Initiates work orders to make necessary repairs as required and follows-up with maintenance to ensure completion.
- Provides transportation as required.
- In the absence of the Residential/Dorm Supervisor, will be responsible to coordinate staff coverage to ensure student areas are supervised and that staff adhere to rest and meal break requirements.
- Motivates and manages staff to work effectively, creates a supportive work environment and recognizes staff accomplishments.
- Produces quality work/assignments in a thorough, timely and accurate manner. o Maintains appropriate personal attendance, accountability and work productivity standards. o Plans, prioritizes and organizes assignments to meet established goals and deadlines.
- Understands and applies job knowledge to effectively complete all required job responsibilities. Proactively maintains the skills required to perform job duties.
- Mentors, monitors and models the Career Success Standards as required by the PRH.
- Provides high-quality supervision and management for the student population and positively influences student behavior. Shows respect and courtesy to students and holds them accountable for their actions and behavior.
- Provides timely operational support for Center operations to ensure quality programs and services. Pursues improvement in Center operations to fulfill program objectives.
- Communication: Exchanges ideas and information, both orally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner and contributes meaningfully to group efforts by offering relevant ideas and knowledge. Provides quality and timely information to DOL/Company when requested.
- Effectively articulates thoughts and ideas. Identifies problems, analyzes causes and evaluates appropriate solutions prior to taking or recommending actions. Follows up to ensure prompt/appropriate action is taken and that problems are in fact corrected.
- Works in partnership with staff from all Departments to ensure effective supervision and services are provided to students.
- Accepts direction and supervision from the Center Director/Center Duty Officer/Shift Manager to include assignments to temporarily perform job responsibilities of other departments and positions.
- Other duties as assigned.
"Adams and Associates, Inc. abides by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability." This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This job has expired.