Benjamin Moore & Co., a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a leading manufacturer of innovative, high-quality coatings for the architectural and industrial maintenance markets. We are currently seeking a Senior Scientist (Polymer Development) to join our product development team.
The Senior Scientist is a key technical position in the polymer research and development team. The role of this position is to develop new and next-generation polymers for coatings applications. The job requires a high degree of analysis, innovation and creative problem solving and collaboration with a team of high-caliber scientists. The position offers a career opportunity for the senior scientist to grow into higher technical or managerial roles.
The Senior Scientist position is an exciting opportunity to join a team that promotes and recognizes innovation. We are seeking motivated individuals to join our group of high-caliber scientists who will produce world-class products and design pioneering paints using the latest technologies. Join the team today and also receive a $10K sign-on bonus.
Please review the responsibilities and requirements for the position. We look forward to reviewing your resume.
Desired Experience / Qualifications:
- Investigate and evaluate new polymer and coatings methods, technologies, and competitive trends across a broad variety of industries
- Identify, explore and prove feasibility of novel polymer chemistries
- Plan, develop and execute scientifically designed experiments from feasibility to commercialization
- Monitor and supervise all stages of polymer development, from lab to production scale-up batches
- Drive results that focus on delivering customer value and show a dedication to continuous improvement
- Collaborate with Procurement to identify and evaluate new and alternative materials
- Conceive of and document inventions and intellectual property within the scope of the role
- Contribute to projects beyond immediate responsibilities
- Manage, train and mentor junior chemists
- Ph.D. in polymer or material science with 5+ years of working experience in polymer development and commercialization
- Proven experience working with emulsion polymers and knowledge of waterborne polymers
- History of technical leadership across R&D teams
- Demonstrated ability to prove and develop commercial products from concepts
- Self-directed and motivated to work independently, driving projects to completion while meeting timelines
- Capable of managing complex and multiple projects, prioritizing and meeting timelines
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills, using scientific and analytical tools in developing polymers
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Team-oriented with excellent organizational skills and detail-oriented
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services, and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies, and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.Student Loan Repayment Assistance Program
You worked hard for your degree – now it’s time to put that pricey paper to work for you! Benjamin Moore offers a Student Loan Repayment Program that contributes to reducing your student loan debt. As a new employee hired into this role you would be eligible for an enhanced monthly contribution of $200 per month up to $6,000. Join our team and fast-track your way to financial freedom!Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Benjamin Moore, we believe diversity of culture, talent, and varying perspectives is key to a collaborative, innovative, and successful business. We are committed to driving change within our organization through purposeful Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) efforts, while also focusing on our customers and communities in which we serve. Our DE&I efforts allow each of us to authentically live our corporate values of Openness, Integrity, Community, Excellence, and Safety. Our Social Impact programming of strategic local and national partnerships, in-kind donations, volunteerism, and more expands our ability to make a difference in the lives of all of our stakeholders. We hope you will join us and become an advocate for diversity and inclusion here at Benjamin Moore. At Benjamin Moore & Co, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive because it benefits our employees, our products, and our community. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Benjamin Moore is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.Safety
At Benjamin Moore, our people are the heart of the company and our number one asset. We are committed to providing safe working conditions at all of our locations and have invested heavily in measures aimed at keeping employees healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic. With safety as one of our core company values, we've modified facilities and work schedules to support social distancing, established enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols, and regularly provide personal protective equipment to all employees—including masks, gloves, and hand sanitizer. Ensuring the well-being of our team members is a top priority.Benefits
Benjamin Moore offers a range of considerable benefits that support employees and eligible family members, including same-sex spouses. These comprehensive benefits begin the first day of the month after the date of hire and include health care coverage, ways to save for the future, tuition reimbursement, and other resources to improve health and well-being.
This job has expired.