R&D IT - Senior Software Engineer - Gaithersburg
Do you have expertise in, and passion for, full stack software engineering? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? If so, AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven BioPharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. But were more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies.
At AstraZeneca were dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the
boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There's no better place to make a
difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and
collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
At AstraZeneca, we put our patients first. The digital healthcare space is always changing, so we need a Software Engineer who is continuously adapting and improving products that reach patients around the world every day.
In this role, you will work cross-functionally to build Cosmos from conception to launch by architecting, building, and improving our current technology capabilities. You can break complex problems into digestible steps that drive product development. You will contribute and architect solutions that are responsible for distributing clinical trial applications to patients globally.
- 6 years of software development experience in one or more declarative, functional or object-oriented programming languages with data structures and algorithms
- 4 years of building software applications in an Agile or LEAN environment
- 4 years of experience testing, maintaining, or launching software products
- 2 years of experience with distributed event streaming, or event-driven, patterns
- 2 years of experience with software design and architecture
- 1 year of experience working within a globally, digital-distributed, team environment
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas such as software engineering, UX/UI, and quality assurance
- Experience of delivering software products within a healthcare regulated space like GxP or SaMD
- 1+ years of BDD or TDD development experience
- Experience with NoSQL and key-value databases
- 1+ years GraphQL or Apollo Federation experience
- Design, develop, test and maintain software solutions within the Agile Delivery Framework (ADF)
- Follow development standards and implement best practices through documenting user requirements, design, coding and testing of software features
- Author comprehensive testing for software features through all environments
- Participate, or proctor, design reviews with peers and stakeholders
- Review code developed by peers in order to provide feedback and ensure best practices
- Contribute to feature documentation and architectural diagrams
- Participate in all Agile SDLC ceremonies like planning, demos, and retrospectives
- Partner with cross-functional teams, leadership, engineers, and program managers to understand business and application needs
WHY JOIN US
- We will hire self-taught engineers, designers and leaders without a formal education given you have evidence of rich history of software engineering and/or product delivery.
- High school Diploma
Here our work has a direct impact on patients - transforming our ability to develop life-changing
medicines. We empower the business to perform at its peak and lead a new way of working,
combining cutting-edge science with leading digital technology platforms and data. All with
a passion to impact lives through data, analytics, AI, machine learning and more.
Join us at a crucial stage of our journey in becoming a digital and data-led enterprise. Make
the impossible possible by building partnerships and ecosystems, creating new ways of working
and driving scale and speed to deliver exponential growth. Focused and committed, and backed
with the investment to succeed, we're driving cross-company change to disrupt the entire industry.ABOUT ASTRAZENECA
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven BioPharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious disease. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies.
At AstraZeneca we're dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There's no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.SO, WHAT NEXT?
If you're interested in applying, we encourage you to apply using your completed Workday profile where possible.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.