- 5+ years of software development experience.
- BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required.
- A passion for software development as part of an agile team with a growth mindset.
- Experience working in a cloud environment such as Azure, AWS, or GCP, including migrating op-prem applications to the cloud. (Azure is a plus)
- Experience working with containerized platforms and tools: Docker and Cloud orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes, Azure Kubernetes Service, Azure Container Service.
- Experience with Azure storage systems to optimize costs, store and access data at scale.
- Experience writing infrastructure as Code (CloudFormation/Terraform).
- Microsoft Azure certification is a plus. (Ex, Azure Fundamentals / Developer Associate / Administrator Associate / DevOps Engineer)
- Experience building and scaling one of the large distributed systems (HPCC, Hadoop, Apache Spark™, Flink Beam, Airflow, or similar).
- Experience in developing and maintaining ETL pipelines in any of the big data platforms.
- Understanding of distributed/parallel systems concepts and principles (consistency and availability, durability, reliability, fault-tolerance, etc).
- Experience in development languages including but not limited to: Java / Scala, ECL, Python, C/C++, XML, XSLT, JSON.
- Strong proficiency with data manipulation languages including optimization techniques.
- Experience with Relational Databases (Oracle, MySql, etc.) and writing SQL queries.
- Experience working with Unix shell scripting and being able to analyze the scheduled job performance.
- Experience working with Web Services (SOAP or REST) and parsing JSON and XML data.
- Implement development processes, coding best practices, and conduct code reviews to ensure quality, reliability, and performance in our content processing pipelines.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins or similar; Git/GitHub; Version1; Jira; Gradle/Maven; Confluence.
- Good understanding of data security and other security best practices.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Ability to partner with internal and external technology resources in solving complex business needs.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation skills, and knowledge in industry best practices in development.
- The position requires frequent interaction with the product owners, engineering teams, and other cross-functional technology teams to troubleshoot problems related to content enrichment and delivery.
- Interface with other technical personnel or team members to complete complex tasks.
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, maintainable code.
- Write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of complex system components.
- Serve as acknowledged "go to" person on coding and technical issues.
- Work closely with other development team members to understand complex product requirements and translate them into software designs.
- Successfully implement development processes, coding best practices, and code reviews.
- Work with development teams and ensure the best practices are adhered to in areas such as coding, unit testing, CI/CD, documentation, security, and software design principles.
- Resolve complex technical issues as necessary.
- Mentor and/or train entry-level software engineers as directed by department management, ensuring they are knowledgeable in critical aspects of their roles.
- Keep abreast of new technology developments.
- Design and work with complex data models.
- Improve existing automation and design new automated processes. Automate tasks through appropriate tools, scripting.
- Work with development partners (enrichment teams, support teams, and QA) to improve the HPCC platform.
- Seek diverse ideas and perspectives from a variety of sources to create better solutions, products, and services.
- Other duties as assigned.
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.