What you'll do...
On the People Technology Run + Innovate team at Walmart Global Tech, we provide solutions to our business customers to help our organization support the millions of Associates at Walmart. By being a partner with the Global People community, we strive to understand the People business needs of today and tomorrow, bringing technology innovation while maintaining the People technology suite
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer - Workday to work the team within the Run & Innovate organization responsible for driving the workload management and the controls and compliance of the Workday Platform.
You'll sweep us off our feet if...
- Participate in medium to large scale, complex projects and enhancements by providing support to the business by responding to user questions, concerns, and issues (for example, technical feasibility, implementation strategies).
- Researching and identifying needed solutions; determining implementation designs.
- Providing guidance regarding implications of new and enhanced systems; identifying short and long term solutions; and directing users to appropriate contacts for issues outside of associate's domain.
- Troubleshoots business and production issues by gathering information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause); performing root cause analysis to reduce future issues; engaging support teams to assist in the resolution of issues; developing solutions; driving the development of an action plan; performing actions as designated in the plan; interpreting the results to determine further action; and completing online documentation.
- Working with our functional configuration and/or integrations team to design of multiple Workday modules to align with project/enhancement requirements.
- Utilize your knowledge, experience, and engineering acumen to solve problems at scale and generate high customer impact.
- Communicate status and issues to team members, stakeholders and leadership and collaborate with project and cross functional teams.
- Troubleshoot open issues and enhance the design to prevent reoccurrences of defects
- Interact with project leaders to develop and manage project plans.
- Provide guidance and direction to the entire Workday Integration team working on projects or enhancements.
You'll make an impact by:
- Drive the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs and supporting objectives by collaborating with business partners to identify opportunities.
- Address high-priority initiatives by identifying short- and long-term solutions and leading cross-functional partnership.
- Ensure business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives.
- Solicit, evaluate, and apply suggestions for improving efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Mentoring and fostering development of team members and promote continuous learning.
- Being an innovation thought leader to utilize industry research to improve Wal-Mart's People technology environment by analyzing best practices.
- Benchmarking industry standards against internal processes and solutions.
- Researching and influencing future solutions for fit with internal business requirements.
- Developing innovative strategies, processes, and best practices by leading functional and technical teams and partnering with cross-functional teams across the business.
- Developing assessments of key opportunities and developing long-range plans and project timelines to deliver solutions.
- Driving technical processes, best practices, performance, productivity, and operational excellence.
- Communicating with and influencing decision-makers and executives within the organization.
- Troubleshooting business and production issues by reviewing and analyzing information and engaging support teams to assist in the resolution of issues.
- Performing root cause analysis and advising of any process or procedural changes necessary to avoid future occurrence of issues.
- Implementing new feature capability by driving proof-of-concept and implementing prototypes to validate ideas across cross-functional areas.
- Identifying short- and long-term solutions and review and approve proposed solutions.
- Working closely with leadership to drive the vision and strategy for multiple groups of talented engineers.
- Championing data security to verify cross application security policies are in place and followed.
- 6-7+ years of experience in Workday Integrations in one or more of the following modules: Recruiting, Advanced Compensation, Talent and Performance, Benefits, Payroll, Time Tracking & Absence, Learning
- Workday Partner Certification/Client Pro Certification and/or an advanced certification.
- Previous experience with Workday Studio/ Eclipse
- Previous experience with Java/APIs.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 5 years' experience in software
engineering or related field. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field Primary Location...
508 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America