The Regeneron Genetics Center (RGC) is seeking a Senior Staff Scientist with strong command of molecular biology, biochemistry, molecular genetics, gene editing, in vitro disease modeling, organoids, iPSC biology, to support target discovery and validation based on our genetics findings in human diseases. The candidate would have the scientific and technical expertise to lead a group within RGC biology, work closely with other groups at RGC and coordinating activities with other groups across the organization.A typical day would include:
This role may be for you if you are:
- Independently designing and performing sophisticated in vitro studies for understanding diseases. Experience with use of human organoids and iPSC differentiation for discovery, target validation and characterization. Expertise in any of metabolic diseases, inflammation, vascular biology and tissue regeneration highly desirable.
- In vitro engineering of reporter cell lines for characterization of genetic variants. Experienced in experimental approaches for protein research, gene editing technologies.
- Identifying and implementing novel areas, technologies and approaches to conduct research on new human genetic targets for disease modeling in vitro/ex vivo. Experience with translational research desirable.
- Providing timely updates on scientific progress and communicate efficiently within RGC and across different functions.
- An independent thinker able to excel in a fast-track environment while leading and coordinating multiple projects in a highly collaborative fashion.
- Resourceful, detail oriented, ability to effectively interact with all levels of scientists at RGC and collaborate with teams of various functions at RGN.
To be considered for this role you must possess a PhD with a minimum of 10 years' experience including postdoctoral training and industry experience. Experience with in vitro culture systems, organoids, iPSC, gene editing. Excellent problem-solving skills with a results-driven approach to scientific advancements. Experience in team management and/or mentoring role. Ability to operate in an interdisciplinary team environment. Documented strong scientific record, excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
This job has expired.