The Senior Technical Writer manages projects independently and creates content targeted to both business and technical audiences. The incumbent must have previous work experience in Agile environments. This role collaborates with software developers, quality engineers, and product managers to produce clear, concise, well-written documentation. The Senior Technical Writer will have autonomy to take the lead and run projects from start to finish.
- Produces high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience.
- Plans, writes, and maintains end user system documentation/user guides, System Administrator guides, and policies and procedures.
- Tests user documentation against system functionality.
- Provides feedback to Product Management, Development, and Quality Assurance on product usage and interface.
- Works with client support teams to analyze and address external customers' documentation needs.
- Drives documentation projects to completion within established timeframes.
- Manages product documentation schedules within release deadlines.
- Works within established style guidelines and assists in their continued evolution.
- Conducts meetings in person and online.
This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions may be required.EMPLOYMENT QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION:
Bachelor's degree Technical Communications or a related field. Relevant combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree. Continuous learning, as defined by the Company's learning philosophy, is required. Certification or progress toward certification is highly preferred and encouraged.EXPERIENCE:
Five years in technical communication or a related field which demonstrates the skills, knowledge, and abilities required. Information design experience required. Bilingual skills preferred. SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced office, while managing a variety of tasks and multiple priorities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to contribute as a valued member on multiple product teams.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Visio, and online help products.
- Knowledge of Confluence and JIRA.
- Knowledge of medical healthcare insurance processes.
- Familiar with Agile processes.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Lead the documentation effort for documenting Symphony internally
- Standardize customer symphony documents
- Develop/Edit/Proof customer facing documentation and training materials
- Edit/Proof Member/Provider Portal content
- Develop/maintain a Symphony in App help site
- Develop/maintain a JIRA Help Desk Knowledge Center
- Assist with Release notes and supporting documents
- Create \"How to\" videos embedded in App or Knowledge Center
- Develop \"Welcome to Symphony\" in app walkthru for new users (like most phone apps have)
Work is performed in an office setting with no unusual hazards.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum education, experience, skills, knowledge and ability levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an \"at will\" basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.