What you'll do...
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries-all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
As a critical member of Walmart's Global Ecommerce Organization, your key responsibility will be to help create accurate, detailed and yet simplified content to help Walmart's developer ecosystem consume content off our Partner API platform. As the first consumer of newer capabilities of our API platforms, you will be required to not only document these API's, but also critically assess their functionality on offer and recommend changes that will help make the end developer's life easier and more productive.
Write technical materials, such as equipment manuals, appendices, or operating and maintenance instructions. Collects and interprets technical data or information and coordinates layout for publication.
* Write, publish and maintain high-quality help content and messaging
* Manage the production and publishing of documentation.
* Collaborate with engineers, product managers, developer relations
* Identify user needs, use cases and metrics to focus priorities.
* Write, edit and properly position white papers, presentations, think pieces and other content for a variety of internal and external audiences.
* BA degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing, a related field or equivalent practical experience.
* 5 years of experience writing software documentation in a web production environment.
* Writing and editing experience. Must be able to provide writing samples.
* Experience working closely with engineering and product management teams as part of the software development process.
* Experience in project and process management of a documentation set.
* Experience in content management systems and/or help tools.
* Track record of problem solving and innovation.
* Great communication skills and ability to work well with others is a must.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
840 W CALIFORNIA AVE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-4828, United States of America
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!