AutoNation Subaru West
The Service Cashier/Administrator is responsible for processing payments for work completed or purchase of parts requests, proper reconciliation of repair orders and parts invoices, and the collection of money from Parts and Service transactions in the dealership.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Inspect every service repair order and/or parts invoice for proper completion and accuracy
- Reconcile the repair orders by transferring the appropriate information from each repair order hard copy to the soft copies
- Calculate the materials charge applicable for each order
- Calculate the taxes to be charged on the categories of goods or services taxed in the local area
- Collect the total retail charges from the customer in cash, check or authorized charge account
- Provide the customer with the proper change and/or receipt
- Complete the accounting section of the repair order as directed by the controller
- Update the customer's service history file according to the procedures specific to the department's service history system
- Deliver to the accounting department all repair orders and parts invoices closed during the business day
- Control the keys associated with completed repair orders, return keys to the customer/or porter when bills are paid, and direct customers to where they may find their vehicle
- File repair orders as directed by the service department manager
- Answer the service department telephone, transfer calls to the people requested or best suited to take the calls, and take written messages when the needed personnel are not available
- Control and turn into the business office any sublet bills associated with the repair orders
- Ensure that customer complaints are handled promptly, with genuine concern and according to dealership guidelines
- Report to management any situation or condition that jeopardizes the safety, welfare, or integrity of the dealership, it's employees, or customers
- Perform any other administrative tasks as directed by management
What are the requirements for this job?
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read, write, add, subtract, divide and comprehend written instructions and information
- 6-12 months previous work experience (preferred)
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous industry experience (preferred)
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
As America’s largest and most recognized automotive retailer, AutoNation is transforming the automotive industry through its bold leadership, innovation, and comprehensive brand extensions. We are committed to hiring driven, diverse Associates and supporting them in growing their career within AutoNation. We offer paid training, competitive pay & benefits and a culture that believes in investing in our Associates’ professional futures. With over 315 locations from coast to coast, AutoNation has an opportunity for you. We’ve sold over 13 million vehicles, the first automotive retailer to reach this milestone. Our success is driven by our commitment to delivering a peerless Customer experience through customer-focused sales and service processes. We believe deeply in giving back, and every car we sell helps to raise cancer research and treatment awareness with a Pink Plate. We have proudly raised over $25 million dollars to drive out cancer, create awareness, and support critical research.
This job has expired.
Join us as we pave the way to moving our company, our communities and our industry forward. Apply today at a location near you or wherever you dream the road will take you.