Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generatedtotal revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Eurofins Test America, Inc. is searching for a Service Center Manager atour New Mexico service center in Albuquerque.
The Service Center Manager (SCM) manages the service center and acts as a liaison between the laboratory and the local client base. The SCM is in charge of maintaining the Service Center facility, managing service center couriers, samplers and other personnel, and working with sales to develop, maintain and grow the client base in the area. Establishes plans to monitor and manage growth for local accounts. The SCM is responsible for the evaluation and preparation of bids and proposals for new business opportunities. The SCM will consistently act in the best interest of Eurofins TestAmerica and exhibit professional behavior and performance with both internal and external clients. Eurofins TestAmerica and the SCM are committed to grow the business through a Client-First culture that will provide exemplary client service.
Service Center Manager responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• May supervise service center employees both local and virtual, including but not limited to Couriers, Field Samplers, and Sample Control Technicians.
• Lead team, schedule, and train employees
• Ensure adherence to highest quality and efficiency standards in laboratory operations
• Ensure coverage and performance
• Foster morale and teamwork
• Local area primary client representative for service center location.
• May head project start up meetings to ensure project objectives are successfully met and hands off project detail to assigned Project Manager(s).
• Works with the Quality Assurance Manager and Account Executives (AE) to evaluate and establish project requirements for the service center area.
• Ensures client complaints are handled professionally, and resolved in a timely manner.
• Is in charge of scheduling service center couriers and samplers, preparing bottle orders for delivery, scheduling sample pick ups and shipping samples to the designated laboratory for analysis.
• May manage a minimal list of projects/programs for key client accounts.
• Works closely with laboratory management in laboratory capacity loading decisions.
• Maintains the facilities at the service center and is responsible for all EH&S policies of Eurofins TestAmerica at the service center.
• Responsible for all company vehicles that operate out of the service center.
• Provides general sales support to AEs for business development activities started in the field.
• Prepares proposals for new business opportunities.
• Orders supplies (bottles, coolers, etc.) for the service center
• Represents the laboratory at brown bag or similar client presentations.
• Attends marketing, trade shows, or conferences in support of Sales initiatives.
• Performs sales activities for house accounts and other clients as needed.
• Maintains knowledge of method requirements, holding times, and bottle requirements in order to assist clients with their project needs.
• Maintains knowledge of all Eurofins TestAmerica laboratories to assist with placement of projects into the appropriate laboratory to best fit the clients' needs.
• Watches local market trends to ensure we are capturing work and relates those back to the labs.
• Works with host lab and account executives to develop a working business plan.
• Builds local relationships with clients and regulatory agencies.
• Joins local associations and attends meetings.
• Visits clients on own or with local sales staff.
• Knows local competition and pricing.
• Places work into all Eurofins TestAmerica labs by deciding what lab is the best fit for the client.
• Functions as local access for clients to all of Eurofins TestAmerica.
• Works with Product Specialists to develop marketing plans for specialty work in service center area.
• Tracks revenue going through the service center, monitors for any declines and works with sales staff to find out why.
• Watches costs and looks for ways to reduce costs (field sampling, courier, shipments, rush orders, etc).
• Sustains growth of the business to maximize market share, profitability, competitive advantage and capacity utilization through the following activities:
• Identifies and manages client accounts and business opportunities
• Acquires new accounts by following up on leads, negotiating contracts, and closing sales
The ideal candidate would possess:
• Method application for frequently requested methods
• Understanding of client markets
• Experience with financial statements and measures
• Environmental methodology and local market requirements.
• Eurofins TestAmerica's Client-First Service Guidelines for Client-facing Staff
• Strong management and marketing skills
• Conflict resolution and public speaking skills
• Proven client service skills (See Client-First Service Guidelines for Client-facing Staff)
• Ability to handle multiple details and changing priorities
• Delivering effective presentations to prospective clients
• Ability to manage personnel issues and conflicts
• Identify staff strengths and weaknesses to optimize resources
• Able to work independently and in a team
• Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
• Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Albuquerque, NMare encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com.
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
• BS/BA in Chemistry/Sciences (Business Management, Marketing, or equivalent experience may substitute for degree)
• Minimum 3 years client relationship or customer service experience, 1-2 years bench level Chemistry experience preferred, Prefer supervisory experience
• Local certification or client driven certification may be required.
• Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.