Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you've come to the right place!
Watch our video here
This position will require interaction with our customers on a one-on-one basis, troubleshooting pump, electrical, and water system problems, testing of wells and pumps, maintenance, service and repair of pumps, motors, controls and valves, and carrying out and executing maintenance agreements with our customers.
Starting Pay = $25 - $28/hour depending on experience
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Testing and repairing equipment by travelling to the location of the customer
- Providing troubleshooting as well performing installation of equipment
- Attending to the needs of the customer whenever required
- Performing the confirmation that the equipment is functional
- Sometimes they have to provide telephone support to the customer in order to perform troubleshooting
- Providing onsite services for individual as well as organizations
- Ensuring that the equipment on which they have performed troubleshooting are in proper working condition
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent years of experience
- Must have a valid driver's license. Commercial driver and any endorsements are a plus.
- Minimum 1 year of experience of field technician experience
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and physical
- Able to operate hand tools, electronic equipment and other construction equipment to complete projects.
- Represent Layne to our customers in quality of work, timeliness, safety, appearance, communication, and general professionalism.
- Must have basic computer skills including ability to generate Word documents and work within Excel.
- Be able to routinely lift heavy equipment up to 50 pounds.
- Knowledge of electrical troubleshooting a plus but not required.
- Basic understanding of centrifugal pumping equipment, particularly vertical and submersible turbine pumps a plus but not required.
- Be capable of working outdoors, in the heat and cold, as required.
- Be available to respond to customer or company needs which may include overtime and some weekend, evening, or holiday work as necessary.
- Be willing to perform a variety of other tasks as may be necessary to promote completion of work, including assisting on other projects as necessary.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work alone.
- Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment
- Ability and willingness to abide by the Company's Code of Conduct on a daily basis
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a small hand tools. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 70 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.About Granite Construction Incorporated
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please clickhere.Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening.Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place.
Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.
This job has expired.