Performs a broad range of duties related to the coordination, shipping and receipt of domestic and international shipments. This will include coordination with small package, common and private carriers, shipping via various modes. Completes required documentation accurately and timely. Effective communication is required with all departments throughout Garlock.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the preparation and processing of all required documents and transactions necessary to ship and receive materials to and from domestic and international locations. This may include: preparation of manifests, packing lists, letters of credit, declarations, import licenses, certification of origins or like documentation. Transactions may be required on ERP, carrier based and/or manual systems.
- Coordinates shipments and/or deliveries with carriers and/or forwarding agents. Distributes required documentation to: forwarding agent, customer and other necessary recipients.
- Responsible for investigation of issues related to shipments and receipts. This will include immediate resolution of incoming material issues as well as storage, retrieval and analysis of historic shipping and receiving transactions and documentation.
- Researches and maintains harmonize codes for Garlock products.
- Corresponds with Finance team regarding credit hold customers, following established hold procedures. This is key because they weren't included in this info before.
- Verify, notify and reroute incoming material, letters/packages, equipment and supplies to appropriate employee/location within the facility.
- Adhere to returned goods procedures, communicating the receipt of materials, processing upon approval.
- Generate and/or maintain various shipping and receiving reports, as required.
- Business insight: Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization's goals.
- Decision quality: Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Cultivates innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Action oriented: Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Plans and aligns: Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Drives results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Builds effective teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Communicates effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Instills trust: Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Self-development: Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channel.
- Situational adaptability: Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- Associates degree, preferred
- Minimum two years prior experience in shipping/receiving, preferred
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- PC skills - Microsoft Office and ERP systems
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs
- Work will be completed in office and /or shipping and receiving production areas.
- There will be a potential exposure to seasonal temperatures.
- Sitting, standing and lifting of small packages.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Office and Manufacturing Floor Position: Ability to perform sedentary work, spending extended periods of time working with a computer. Physical effort may include stooping, kneeling, touching, feeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions. Clarity of vision to see near and mid-range. Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
This job has expired.